|You are here: The Architecture Forum > TOGAF 7 >
The TOGAF 7 Academic (Non-Commercial) License
About the TOGAF 7 Academic (Non-Commercial) Licence
The TOGAF 7 Academic (Non-Commercial) License...:
- ...is issued free of charge to any academic organization using TOGAF 7
to support the organization's academic work in the field of IT Architecture. By way of
example, academic use of TOGAF covers:
- Inclusion in academic teaching and/or curricula
- Inclusion in academic tests, examinations, and certifications related to curricula
- However, the organization may not issue any certification that purports to be TOGAF
certification, unless by explicit agreement with The Open Group.
- Use in the context of academic research.
- ...is subject to important Licensing Conditions aimed at maintaining
the value of TOGAF in the market place.
- ...is a perpetual license. You do not have to apply to renew the
license, and, provided you adhere to the Licensing Conditions, the license will never be
- ...is a corporate (rather than personal) license. We require a single
point of contact to be designated within the licensing organization. You will need to
complete the license application, including appropriate signatures, submit it, and receive
back the counter-signed form, before the license takes effect.
- ...covers internal distribution to all full-time staff and students in
the licensing organization.
This is not a Commercial License. If you wish to use TOGAF 7 for
commercial purposes (for example, to develop an IT architecture for use within another
organization), then your organization must have a current TOGAF 7
Annual Commercial License.
Applying for a TOGAF 7 Academic (Non-Commercial) Licence
- Right-click the following link to download the TOGAF 7 Academic License, and review the licensing
- Print out the License Agreement, and review the licensing conditions.
- Identify an appropriate authority to sign the license on behalf of the organization, and
secure his/her signature on the license.
- Provide the additional information requested for a primary contact.
- Fax the signed license to the number shown at the foot of the license: +44 870-134-8146.
- The Open Group Chief Legal Officer will then sign on behalf of The Open Group, and
return a copy to you for your records.
Contact us if you have any queries.