The following points reached consensus during the meeting; they may be removed from this list and moved to the issues list at the request of any Organizational Representative.
1. AGREED that copyright issues should not be an impediment to immediate progress.
2. AGREED that networking interfaces should be included in the scope, independent of the approval of 1003.1g
3. AGREED that XTI, Raw Sockets, and the advanced API to IPv6 interfaces should be optional features (if included at all), independent of the approval of 1003.1g or the adoption of any new version of XNS.
4. AGREED: that the group should not revise any of the four parts without considering the whole.
5. AGREED We should extend our scope to allow us to correct UN, PI, OF, OP marked sections of XCU, and OH sections of XSH.
6. AGREED POSIX_VDISABLE, POSIX_SAVED_IDS and POSIX_JOB_CONTROL should be removed as options, the functionality that they specified should become mandatory, but sysconf() with these names should be valid, and should return 1 (and the names have to be defined in <unistd.h>).
7. AGREED There should be a new option _POSIX_PII
8. AGREED Add option groups for POSIX_RAW_SOCKETS, POSIX_XTI, POSIX_IPV6, [[and POSIX_IPV6_EXT??]].
9. AGREED In the on-line version, the margin characters are hyperlinks back to definition.
10. AGREED The change history must include the differences from the 1996 version of POSIX, and not just from previous X/Open specs.
11. AGREED OH markings: All <sys/types.h> where marked as OH in a synopsis, this entire line should be removed, and the change history needs to note that although sys/types.h was required for conforming implementations of previous POSIX systems, it was not required for UNIX applications. Implementations are now required to make any types used visible through whatever header is required in the synopsis. This is typically achieved via inclusion of sys/types.h in that header.
12. AGREED XSH: EX markings within a manual page by default disappear (i.e. the shading and margin markings go, but the text remains), and the change history is updated to state that "This new requirement derives from alignment with the Single Unix Specification". For draft 1, retain shading and change EX to MAN.
13. AGREED FIPS markings, in general, should revert to the POSIX wording.
14. AGREED.1a/.2b merge will not happen until those specs are finalized.
15. AGREED SEE ALSO section should reference the rationale where appropriate
16. AGREED To add a new section "RATIONALE" to all interfaces, before "FUTURE DIRECTION", and move API specific rationale from the XRAT volume here. What remains in XRAT then should be tidied up to be consistent, and have links (see also sections) back to the XCU/XSH pages. This is a development technique to ensure that rationale gets correctly reviewed. It may or may not be moved back to XRAT for final publications.
17. AGREED The Application Usage, Examples, Future Directions, and Rationale sections of an interface description are not normative (they are informative), and should be marked (e.g. by having POSIX style rationale bars) to show this.
18. AGREED Where an interface has a version in the C standard, the Description section should describe the relationship to the C standard version. EX markings should be added as appropriate to show where C has been extended.
19. AGREED XSH Draft 1 should contain section 1 from POSIX.1and XCU draft 1 should contain section 1 from POSIX.2
20. AGREED All definitions from both POSIX.1 and POSIX.2 should go into draft 1 of XBD
21. AGREED that POSIX_VERSION will not be changed at draft 1 (use XSH value), but will be set to a new value at publication time if appropriate.
22. AGREED we will adopt the new pax format from .2b when that document is complete. We will not update the tar or cpio formats. The current standards do not specify the format of ar archives, and we will not add a specification of the ar format.
23. AGREED For document review: we will use PDF or PostScript documents, with line numbers, comments in aardvark format, submitted either via email or a web-based form.
24. AGREED any interface that has an existing application usage suggesting a better alternative interface should become legacy in the next revision.
25. AGREED any area of XCU marked as EX not in one of the options described in AUSTIN/18, should become mandatory.
26. AGREED there will be no additional namespace reservation beyond that brought in by 1003.1a.