Successfully implementing Enterprise Architecture with TOGAF® and ArchiMate®
Senior Research Manager, Public Research Centre Henri Tudor, Luxembourg
A complete approach to enterprise architecture (EA) requires:
1) a framework describing architectural viewpoints;
2) a language for architectural descriptions;
3) a method for constructing architectures.
The Open Group's TOGAF®9 standard is the leading method for EA development, including a process, techniques and best practices. The Open Group's ArchiMate® standard is the leading language for integrated EA modelling, describing the business, application and technology layers and their relationships.
Based on examples from real-life cases, we show how ArchiMate makes TOGAF actionable:
- how TOGAF and ArchiMate® together offer a comprehensive and complete approach to EA;
- ArchiMate facilitates modeling the deliverables prescribed by TOGAF;
- the ArchiMate core and its extensions cover all the aspects that TOGAF addresses.
| Dr. H.A. (Erik) Proper is a Senior Research Manager at the Public Research Centre Henri Tudor in Luxembourg, where he leads the services-oriented enterprise engineering research program. He is also a Professor at the Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, where he heads up the Theories for Enterprise Engineering group.
Return to previous page