Cloud Computing Portability and Interoperability
The Guide explains the major portability and interoperability issues that arise when cloud computing is used. It makes recommendations to customers on how best to achieve portability and interoperability when working with current cloud products and services, and it makes recommendations to suppliers and standards bodies on how standards and best practice should evolve to enable greater portability and interoperability in future.
It covers all forms of cloud computing, as described in the NIST Cloud Computing definition [NIST DEFINITION].
The intended audience includes:
- Architect practitioners designing or using cloud computing solutions
- Vendors and providers of cloud computing seeking guidance on interoperating issues and practices
- Customers and buyers of cloud computing services seeking guidance on interoperability issues and practices
- Governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and commercial industry bodies that have specific vertical industry or cross-industry issues and challenges and seek guidance on cloud computing interoperability
- Standards organizations and other bodies seeking a point of view from The Open Group on cloud computing portability and interoperability