Cloud Computing Governance Framework – Applying Cloud Computing Governance
Enterprises looking to implement or evolve cloud computing governance should do the following, leveraging the cloud computing governance process pairs:
- Ensure that the enterprise cloud computing strategy is in place.
- Review and map the cloud computing lifecycle to existing enterprise processes, and identify gaps to close to meet the new cloud computing governance requirements.
- Identify the extent to which the governed processes are in place today and ensure that associated governance processes are integrated into them.
- Reference Cloud Computing Governance Roles to associate names to governance roles, and to refine existing governance bodies or define new governance bodies to carry out governance processes.
- Define or revise the communication plan to include where and how information related to the cloud transformation will be kept and made available.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance review checkpoints are in place with the associated governing bodies.
- Evolve the governance processes along with the business outcomes and metrics.
- Execute this Cloud Computing Governance Framework.