Cloud Buyers' Requirements Questionnaire : PD: Problem or Opportunity Definition
Describe the business situation.
PD.1: What are the business goals you seek to address?
Define your business goals for obtaining a Cloud solution which improves the current and/or future state of your IT.
- Improve financials
- Reduce medium and/or long-term Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Improve cash flow
- Shift from capital expenditure (CAPEX) to operational expenditure (OPEX) (private Cloud-incompatible)
- Improve Quality of Service (QoS) and/or Service-Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Access to functionality and/or domain expertise
- Scale labor and/or fixed asset capacity up/down
- Become a Cloud provider
PD.2: What type of business problem are you seeking to address?
Examine the types of Cloud computing business use-case that might be applicable to define the scope and opportunity in your business.
Refer to Strengthening your Business Case for Using Cloud .