Free DCE Software Contributed by the DCE Community
Note: We are very interested in collecting links to other freely available DCE
sources. Add a reference to your DCE source here by sending us mail.
We know of the following DCE contributions:
software developed at California State Polytechnic
- Various packages developed by the Intranet
Project at Cal Poly Pomona. This includes: mod_auth_dce,
an Apache module that provides DCE authentication and secure serving of DFS; nss_dce, which
allows Solaris to use DCE as a native naming service; aclmod, a
command line utility to modify DFS ACLs, including wildcard/recursion support; DFS-Perl, a
perl module interface to the DFS API; Patches to
add DCE support to various applications, such as Netatalk, QPopper, and wu-ftpd. Please
contact Paul Henson with any questions regarding these
- Sample program using DCE, Motif, and Threads
- A sample program showing how to write code that uses all three
facilities. Might need some porting if you're not using Transarc DCE on Solaris 5.
- DCE/DFS Resources Web Page
- David Lemson's list of resources.
- A set of DCE end-user and administrative tools
- Provided by NASA Langley Research Center. These
tools better integrate DCE into the traditional UNIX environment. End-user tools include
software such as a GUI ACL editor, DCE password changing program, and a credential-passing
rsh. Administrative tools include a Perl5 interface for
the DCE API and a passwd_export utility using the Perl5
- Several books on DCE
- Provided by O'Reilly and Associates, several books on
DCE. The sources contained in some of
these books are available on line.
- DCE and Encina object class libaries
- Provided by Citibank. These libraries are unsupported and have had no active development
in a couple of years, but you might find them useful.
- A DCE/Solaris
(V2.4) threads layer
- Provided by Steve Osselton. This threads package maps DCE threads calls into Solaris
thread calls. It includes a thread-safe malloc, a header file and
supporting C file. The software is written in C++ but can be modified. The code has been
used to implement DCE RPC.
- DCE RPC for Linux
- A CITI DCESuitcase
- Provided by University of Michigan CITI. This is an anonymous FTP area with a number of
shell scripts and a few binaries to help manage DCE cells. The scripts were written for
the IBM RS/6000 running AIX and are completely unsupported. See the README.FTP file for a
brief description of each script.
- Some sample PC-DCE code
- Provided by Gradient Technologies.
- A collection of programs and
- Provided by Transarc. See the README file for an outline of what is available.
- dcecp scripts to help hierarchical cell
- Written by Rich Salz.
- Sources from
the book, OSF DCE: A Guide to Developing Distributed Applications
- By Harold Lockhart, The sources are copyright 1993 Harold W. Lockhart and Frederic M.
Oldfield. Hal has also made a copy of his DCE Recipes
measurement software and other links
- Provided by the Pilgrim Project of the
University of Massachusetts at Amherst.