Open Messaging Interface (O-MI), an Open Group Internet of Things (IoT) Standard
This document is structured as follows:
- Introduction provides an introduction to the standard and describes conformance requirements, normative references, and terminology.
- Communication Protocols for the O-MI specifies how O-MI messages are communicated using HTTP POST/GET operations, as well as for WSDL/SOAP-based communication.
- Messaging Objects provides detailed specifications for the usage, attributes, and elements of the basic O-MI operations read, write, and cancel, as well as for response messages.
- Typical Uses of O-MI Requests describes and specifies the most commonly used types of operations performed with the O-MI.
- Error Handling describes how errors should be handled.
- O-MI XSD Schema details the O-MI XSD Schema.
- O-MI and XML Schema presents additional information that has been generated from the schema as an aid to understanding.
- Example Messages contains some example messages.
- JSON Mapping and Examples shows a possible JSON mapping.