A checklist of what is needed to register an LDAP Certified product
LDAP Certified Summary of Registration Requirements
A Trademark License Agreement (TMLA) must be in place or accompany the
application. Please be aware that this is a legal agreement and lawyers tend to want
to examine it carefully. This can take time, so we strongly recommend that you start the
process for your company to sign the TMLA as early as possible before you apply for
A Product Standard Registration application Form must be completed and signed together
with payment or purchase order if fees are due. Please note:
If your company is a current member of The Open Group with Directory Interoperability work
area entitlement plus a VSLDAP test suite license together with a current support
contract, then there is no registration fee. Please enter N/A in the 'Total' for the
fees on the Registration Form.
The VSLDAP test suite is the indicator of compliance for the Product Standard.
Test results must be submitted with the Conformance Statement which describes the
product more fully and deals with any optional areas in the standard.
Prior to registration, we need:-
The following documents should be submitted as hard copy:-
- TMLA: a signed TMLA (if not already in place). The Agreement and
separate signature page are available from the left hand column links on The Open Brand web page.
- Registraton Form: use the general Product Standard
Registration form and state the Product Standard as "LDAP Certified".
- Cover Letter: a letter indicating the documents submitted and
stating the Product Standard you are registering. This should include the product
name and any other relevant information eg. purchase order (or PO reference number with
address for invoice) if applicable
- Test Report Summary: please provide a printed copy of
vsldap.report. Please read and sign/date the disclaimer at the end.
- Conformance Statement: Please submit a completed
Conformance Statement Questionnaire (CSQ) for LDAP Certified from the online CSQ system http://www.opengroup.org/public/csq/
You will need an account on this system which is separate from our main
web. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
and we will supply you with a login and password.
- VSLDAP Test Results:
- the results of a test run of the 'all' scenario in the ldap-certified-base.scn scenario
- a run of the program vsldap/bin/report with the results directed to a file named
- if a different server configuration is needed for test bind 220.127.116.11 (see user guide for
more information) then carry out a test run of the 'bind23' scenario in
Do this after the test report 'vsldap.report' has been generated from the 'all' test
In summary, please submit the following to your Open Group. ftp account:-
- journal file from the 'all' test run.
- vsldap.report file
- Text file listing all FAIL, UNRESOLVED or UNINITIATED results and the
waivers/interpretations which convert these results to a pass. This is all explained more
fully in the VSLDAP User Guide
If you require help, please email email@example.com