» Certification Register
» Open Brand Guide
» UNIX V7 Guide
» UNIX 03 Guide
» Trademark License Agreement (TMLA)
» TMLA Signature page
» Trademark Usage Guide (TMUG)
» Fee Schedule
» Test Requirements
» Test Suites
» Product Standards
» Registration Forms
» Blank Templates
» Problem Reports and Interpretations
» Test Suite Support
» General Testing Information
You are here: Testing >
Testing Services > The Open Group testing advantage
The key advantages of using The Open Group's test suites are as follows:
- For Developers:
- Can be used in-house as part of the quality assurance cycle as
regular regression tests, thereby saving large development and maintenance
- Reduces the cost of cost of developing and maintaining multi-platform
- Automated Tests, enabling them to be re-run regularly and cost
- Use the industry standard test framework (TET)
- High quality assertion based, independently developed tests,
aligned to the IEEE POSIX 1003.3 test methods.
- Verifies conformance to industry agreed standards
- For buyers:
- Ensure standards-based products
- Provides the tools to measure API conformance.
- The most complete set of API conformance test suites.
- Adequate conformance testing leads to reduced integration costs
and protection of investments in applications, software and people.
- Independently Developed.