Welcome to the Open CITS Certification web site
The Open Group Certified IT Specialist (Open CITS) Program is designed to verify the existence
of those qualities and skills in a professional that enable the effective development,
implementation and operation of IT solutions.
Three levels of Certification are available, depending on the length and
characteristics of the IT Specialist's experience.
- Level 1: Certified IT Specialist -- able to perform as a contributing Specialist with
assistance/supervision, with a wide range of appropriate skills
- Level 2: Master Certified IT Specialist -- able to perform independently as lead
Specialist, and take responsibility for delivery of solutions
- Level 3: Distinguished IT Specialist -- delivering leadership, scope, depth and breadth of impact
There are two different routes to IT Specialist Certification, but the certification
criteria are the same for both:
- Via Direct Certification: Application is made directly to The Open Group.
The Direct route is available to individual practitioners, as well as to IT Specialists working
in companies or organizations that do not have an Accredited Certification Program.
- Via Accredited Certification Programs (ACPs): IT Specialists applying for
certification via an ACP must be employees of the accredited organization.
Application is made through the ACP.
The framework of accreditation and certification is specifically intended
to standardize the process and criteria for IT Specialist certification and
establish a world-wide foundation for the required skills and experience of
professional IT Specialists.
The following diagram outlines the certification process: