Model of the Architecture Development Method (ADM)
Overview Model Views Help Information
This section provides links to a model of the TOGAF Architecture Development Method
(ADM), which has been created using the Metis Version 3.1 tool from Computas A/S.
The model is available in two different forms.
- An HTML report of the Metis model,
which can be viewed without use of the Metis tool or a plug-in, is provided as part of
this TOGAF document set.
- The Metis source of the model, for users of the Metis tool, is available from the Computas web site.
- For users of the Metis tool, the Computas
METIS 3.1 Model Browser plug-in allows web clients to view and manipulate a Metis
source model using a conventional web browser (provided the web server has the Metis tool
The HTML report of the model
provides three different views of the ADM and its associated information elements:
- The view ADM Information Element Links is a top-level view of the major
ADM informational elements and how the relate to the top-level ADM Phases, and to entities
in the architectural environment, such as the enterprise's architecture board, its
re-usable architecture assets, etc.
- The view Architecture Development Cycle is a view of the ADM Phases and
how they are related to the major ADM informational elements and entities in the
- The view Architecture Information Objects provides a graphical
depiction of all the major ADM informational elements described in the ADM.
An extensive set of help
information is also provided, explaining the METIS Model View layout, how to navigate
the METIS model, and how to print out objects from the model.
Copyright © The Open Group, 2001