TRACK: Cloud Computing
Wednesday, 4:00 - 5:30
4:00 - 4:45
Cloud Computing Taxonomies: Associated Risks and Implications for IT
The speaker will address the distinct security challenges posed by each of the three Cloud Computing models: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), where hosted servers, software and network equipment are deployed in the cloud; Platforms as a Service (PaaS), where the organization develops its own applications, but does so within the provider’s framework or specified platform; and Software as a Service (SaaS), where the organization trusts its application to both the provider’s hardware and software. What steps should companies take in each case to protect their data? Companies that choose not to use the Cloud model at all run a different risk-- rogue departments doing it anyway. What is a logical, predictable, and mature approach to adopting Cloud Computing? In addition, the speaker will examine recently released security guidelines for Cloud Computing environments.
Presenter: Archie Reed, Distinguished & Chief Technologist for Cloud Security, HP
Archie Reed is an HP Distinguished Technologist and Chief Technologist for Cloud Security. Archie is focused on the business and future direction of solutions related to cloud, wireless, security & identity. Archie is a noted author including "The Definitive Guide to Identity Management". He has worked in many industries from telecoms and financial services to solution integration and the service provider industry.
4:45 - 5:30
Adapting to the Cloud: The Security Challenge
A view of the opportunities and challenges of Cloud services and how current corporate thinking around information security will be found to be wanting.
Presenter: Terence Blow, Group Technology Director & Deputy Global CTO, Fujitsu
- Coordinator of the Global CTO Community
- Front of House activities primarily external innovation and technology events or customer facing campaign support
- Oversight of strategic programmes with industry partners
- Support for the global business group functions and the Top 200 in terms of advice and commentary.
- Twenty-nine years experience in IT covering, in fairly equal measure, applications development and technical disciplines..
- Had responsibility for developing and implementing IT Strategy, system and architecture design, enterprise architecture development and the management of large, geographically dispersed teams.
- With a primarily commercial focus, has held a number of executive management positions across various market sectors including pharma, wholesale/retail distribution and technology manufacturing. Has extensive international experience having carried out a number of medium to long term assignments in Nigeria, USA, Brazil, Germany, China and Singapore.
Return to previous page