The X.org Team is the group companies who support the development
and specification of X Window System technology.
Distribution of X Window System technology is made possible through
the support of the member companies, including:
member companies including:
By joining the X.org Team you can help continue the evolution
of the X Window System technology. The X.org Team is made up
of two groups: Technology Focused and Standards Focused. Benifits
of participation include:
The following additional benefits are provided:
- Early access to latest technology
- Includes software/documentation as becomes available
- Includes access to software patches/bug reports
- Can request complete snapshot anytime (N/C)
- Vote on official technical matters
(specifications & development/maintenance priorities)
- Review plans/progress
- Provide advice/suggestions
- Can propose new standards or additions
- Influence standards through design work group
- Early access to latest standards specifications
- Access to rationale decisions
- Exclusive early access to sample implementations
- Support & maintenance is provided to X.org Team members.
- Priority attention to X.org Team Member bug reports.
- X Window test suite/branding
For More Information
For more information about the X.org Team,
please contact Howard Greenwell
©1997, The Open Group. All rights reserved.
Open Software Foundation, OSF, the OSF logo, OSF/1, OS F/Motif, Motif,
X/Open, and UNIX are registered trademarks, and The Open Group, the
"X" device, X Consortium and X Window System are trademarks,
of The Open Group. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of
their respective owners.