Architecture: TOGAF 7 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CODE
Copyright © 2002 The Open Group
|TOGAF 7 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CODE OF PRACTICE
|Document Number: I913
©December 2002, The Open Group All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be
reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission
of the copyright owners.
To ensure that TOGAF Professional Service Providers offerings are delivered in a
consistent and professional manner, in line with the principles of TOGAF Version 7  and without corrupting the elements
of the TOGAF 7 Core definition .
Code of Conduct
The TOGAF Professional Service Provider agrees to abide by the following guidelines:
- Use of TOGAF Core: Provide services utilising TOGAF 7 Core as defined . However, Service Providers may supplement or complement
TOGAF Core with other information /tools/ methodologies, as appropriate and necessary, to
complete their specific service offerings to meet their customers needs. Such completion must not contravene or deprecate the elements of the
TOGAF core definition.
- Acknowledgement of IP: Acknowledge the use of the intellectual property
of TOGAF in all project documentations and presentations, wherever TOGAF 7 Core is used or
referred to in the process of promoting and delivering professional services.
- Deployment of TOGAF Practitioners: Commit to
deploy the services of TOGAF 7 CERTIFIED  certified
practitioners, whether utilising permanent employees or contractors or sub contracting
organisations, for delivery of TOGAF Professional Services.
- Continuous skills upgrade: Agree to maintain a register of permanent
employees who are TOGAF 7 CERTIFIED certified practitioners
complemented by a training schedule to continuously upgrade their skills consistent with
the current definitions of TOGAF certification.
- Project Register: Maintain an up-to-date project register of TOGAF 7
Core based projects undertaken by the organization. (This register
may be kept internal, if required for confidentiality reasons.)
- Use of TOGAF Certified tools: Wherever possible, promote and agree to
use TOGAF 7 TOOL SUPPORT certified architecture
tools. It is acknowledged that in certain situations, non-TOGAF certified tools may have
to be deployed due to specific customer and project requirements.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) Version 7. Open Group Publication
Number I911, December 2001.
- TOGAF 7 Core Definition, Open Group Publication Number I914, December 2002.
- TOGAF 7 CERTIFIED Product Standard, Open Group Publication Number
X02TA, December 2002.