> View the UNIX® Infographic
Learn about UNIX®, an Open Group standard, through this "Journey of Innovation" video with panelists from The Open Group, Oracle, HPE and IBM.
The Single UNIX Specification provides a level of openness which those without the standard cannot, ensuring compatibility across platforms.
Read the blog.
Focus is on open standards for operating systems, including the UNIX® system, POSIX®, open source operating systems such as Linux® and BSD, real-time systems and network computing. The Forum is also the specification authority for The Open Group UNIX certification program. Find out who our members are.
- The UNIX® Evolution: An Innovative History
- UNIX®: Lowering the Total Cost of Ownership
- Oracle UNIX and Innovation
- 20th Anniversary of the UNIX Standard and Certification
- UNIX®: The “Always On” OS
- Choose UNIX® Inside
- What Hoverboards Tell Us About Compatibility and the Need for Standards
- The Cloud: What’s UNIX® Got to Do With It?
The Open Group works closely with the community to further the development of standards conformant systems by evolving and maintaining the value of the UNIX standard. This includes making the standard freely available on the web, permitting reuse of the standard documentation in open source projects, providing test tools, and developing the POSIX and UNIX certification programs. Download the 2016 edition of the UNIX Standard today.