About the ArchiMate® 3.1 Specification Non-Commercial License Agreement
The ArchiMate 3.1 Specification Non-Commercial License:
- Is issued free-of-charge to any Corporate, Academic Institution, and Individual using the ArchiMate 3.1 Specification entirely for non-commercial use (see below)
- Is subject to important licensing conditions aimed at maintaining the value of the ArchiMate language in the market place
- Is a perpetual license; you do not have to apply to renew the license, and, provided you adhere to the licensing conditions, the license will never be revoked
- Covers all full-time employees of the licensing organization; we require a single point of contact to be designated within the licensing organization
NON-COMMERCIAL USE: The Licensee may use the Documentation for any purpose, not involving commercial use of the Documentation. Commercial use includes, but is not limited to, the provision of ArchiMate training, training materials, training-related services, and products or tools for commercial gain. For the avoidance of doubt, the use of the Documentation for writing books or the provision of consultancy services does not require a commercial license.
If you wish to use the ArchiMate Specification for commercial purposes, then your organization must have a current ArchiMate 3.1 Specification Annual Commercial License.
Applying for an ArchiMate 3.1 Specification Non-Commercial Licence
- Right-click the following link to download the ArchiMate 3.1 Specification Non-Commercial License [PDF]. This form may be filled by most PDF readers; otherwise, the form may be printed, filled using clear block letters, physically signed, and scanned to PDF format.
- Review the licensing conditions and complete the information in the spaces provided.
- Identify an appropriate authority to sign the license on behalf of the organization, and secure his/her signature on the license. A digital or e-signature is acceptable.
- Provide the additional information requested for a primary contact.
- Email the signed license to legal(at)opengroup.org. Alternately, the signed license may be faxed to +44 870-134-8146.
- The Director, Legal will then countersign the license on behalf of The Open Group and a copy will be emailed to your designated primary contact for your records.
Please Contact us if you have any queries.