TOGAF Version 7 - Open Industry Review
- The Company Review (formal adoption) of TOGAF Version 7 is now in progress, and finishes on Friday, 12th October 2001. The company review draft is available for review at: http://www.opengroup.org/togaf_v7_review.
- As in previous years, we are opening up the TOGAF Company Review to IT architecture interest groups and individuals around the world. Guidance notes on how to participate are at: http://www.opengroup.org/public/togaf/v7/cr_invite.htm
Welcome to the Open Group Portal to the World of IT Architecture!
This site is designed to help organizations find their way around the subject of IT Architecture. It covers the work of both The Open Group and other key organizations in the field of IT Architecture. It provides links to resources, people, organizations, books and materials.
Would you like to have access to a proven, industry standard method of doing IT Architecture? You already can:
- TOGAF -- The Open Group Architectural Framework -- has been developed over the last 7 years by the combined efforts of the Open Group membership. We believe it is unique in providing a well proven, industry consensus method for IT Architecture, freely available in the public domain.
Are you unsure how best to go about developing an IT architecture? Learn from the experience of others:
- Build on the proven experience embodied in the TOGAF case studies.
Are you seeking help in implementing your IT Architecture? Fine. TOGAF is a foundation, not a cook-book: the help of experienced professionals can be invaluable. But we do believe that, if you insist on any professional services being based around TOGAF, you will be much better able to compare different service offerings, and protect yourself from unnecessary lock-in to proprietary methodologies.
- See how the UK Department of Social Security used TOGAF for exactly this purpose.
Do you have problems persuading your senior management of the need for IT Architecture? You're not alone. That's why we have developed
- The Business Case for IT Architecture - a concise introduction to IT Architecture and its key business benefits, aimed at the non-technical business executive
Would you like to see COTS tools available that properly support the IT Architecture function, and preserve investments in architecture assets? So would we. See what we're doing about it:
- ADML - Architecture Description Markup Language. A new standard for the definition of architectures, supporting the interchange of architecture definitions between different architecture tools, and between architecture tools and other tools in the systems life-cycle
- The Building Blocks Information Base - a planned, publicly available information base in which the architecture community can store and retrieve definitions of architectural components in a form reusable by any tool supporting the ADML standard
- The big picture - how we see these resources coming together for the benefit of the IT community at large
Are you lost in the maze of open systems standards? Open standards is what The Open Group is all about.
- The Standards Information Base (SIB) is a publicly available database of all the standards endorsed by The Open Group as fit for purpose in IT Architecture definition and procurement. Originally developed as part of TOGAF, it provides a gateway to a wealth of information about open standards, conformant products, and tests for conformance.
Want to know more about TOGAF and the program in which it is evolved?
- The Business Case for IT Architecture explains why you should consider joining our Architecture Program, and gives worldwide contact information
- More about the Architecture Program
Referrals - what others say about us:
- ADML - Oasis
- DERA (UK)
- Federal Aviation Administration (US)
- Intelligent Enterprise Magazine - Blueprint for the Flexible Enterprise
- NCR's Enterprise Architecture Framework (EAF)
- Statskonsult (Norway)
- UK NHS Information Authority
- US Department of Commerce
We welcome feedback to help us improve TOGAF and this web site:
- Give feedback on TOGAF
- Define a requirement for future work on TOGAF, or...
- Propose a specific Update to TOGAF
- Give feedback on this web site
Other useful sites
TOGAF | Architecture Program | Business Case for IT Architecture | ADML | Standards Information Base | Other useful sites