Open Process Automation™ Forum Members' Meeting
Wednesday, April 26 & Thursday, April 27, 2017
Objective of Meeting
This was the first meeting of the Forum at an Open Group quarterly event. Late Wednesday afternoon (4:00 to 5:30pm) was devoted to a “State of the Forum” session, facilitated by Don Bartusiak (ExxonMobil) and Trevor Cusworth (Schneider Electric), the Forum Co-chairs. The schedule for Thursday’s all-day meetings and breakouts were reviewed.
The objectives of the member meetings were to advance the work of the Forum and establish working relationships between the Forum Business, Architecture, Technology, and Standards Work Groups.
Each of the Forum Work Groups held breakout sessions to advance their own work. The Architecture Work Group held joint meetings with all three other Work Groups to coordinate its role and the process by which developments would proceed. Specifically:
The Business Work Group:
- Reviewed the content/concept of the Quality Attributes Workshop to be held in May
- Received a presentation from Andrew Josey on how The Open Group handles certification
- Agreed to add additional sub-committees
- The Technology Work Group continued its review of the pain-point prioritization worksheet and discussed design assumptions
- The Architecture Work Group worked through the high-level TOGAF® ADM process with the Business, Technology, and Standards Work Groups
- The Standards Work Group agreed bi-weekly WebEx meetings, the first one being May 9
Each Work Group advanced their agendas on various work items on their roadmaps.
There is a Quality Attributes Workshop, hosted by Intel at their Chandler, AZ campus scheduled for May 23 & 24.