Trainer approval is part of the Training Course Accreditation scope.
In advance of a trainer delivering an Accredited Training Course, the Organization must obtain the Certification Authority’s approval for the trainer by providing the trainer’s credentials as evidence that these requirements are met, including the trainer’s name, contact details, training qualifications, and certification status.
Authorized Trainers are appropriately qualified, skilled in teaching, have knowledge of and experience in the subject area, are familiar with the Body of Knowledge, and keep themselves up-to-date in line with changes to the Body of Knowledge.
Accredited Training Course General Trainer Requirements
All trainers used in the delivery of Accredited Training Courses must have one of the following:
- A relevant training qualification that has recognition in the geography in which it was obtained (two examples are: certification from the Institute of IT Training, and The Open Group Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS) Certification with Technical Training as the Client Focus Area)
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant training experience
- Completed a train the trainer program that meets the following criteria:
- Includes a mechanism to ensure that the individual is capable of delivering a training course in a satisfactory manner
- Includes provision for the individual to deliver at least two (2) training courses under the supervision of an experienced Accredited Training Course trainer
- Individual must receive a successful evaluation and recommendation as a trainer from the supervising trainer; at the end of each training course, the decision on whether the individual is suitable to proceed to the next phase of training must be based on a report from the supervising trainer and feedback forms from attendees on the course, which must include provision for feedback on the individual concerned separate from the supervising trainer
Trainer Requirements and Credentials
Individual trainers used by an ATC Provider are expected to have in-depth understanding of the Body of Knowledge (BoK) for the course to be accredited. The Organization applying for accreditation must provide a declaration that the trainer has sufficient experience in and knowledge of the Body of Knowledge.
FACE™ Conformance Training