Working Sessions Covering Five Topics:
1. Adapting Forum Governance for the TOGAF® Standard, O-AA™ Standard, and Commercial Aviation Reference Architecture™:
- High-level discussion outlining the challenges and opportunities arising within the Forum with the need to manage more than one standard
Standards now currently supported by the Architecture Forum:
- TOGAF Standard
- Open Agile Architecture™ Standard, also known as the O-AA Standard
- Commercial Aviation Reference Architecture
Summary outcome: No change. We will review in due course.
2. Use of the ArchiMate® Specification for Forum publications:
- High-level discussion on the use of the ArchiMate Specification in the development of content within the Architecture Forum – the pros and cons of this, and whether the Forum should be more proactive in its use
Summary outcome: Encourage the use of the ArchiMate Specification for models included in Forum publications. Forum Officers to draft a Consent Item for a ballot by Forum members.
3. Machine Learning / NLP Opportunities for the Architecture Forum
- Chris Harding presented a demo on the use of Natural Language Processing with a view to use this within the development and reviewing of the Standards process
- Summary outcome – members made aware of possibilities, that some future collaboration is possible; team to continue working on the evolution of the tool and use-cases
4. Forum Members & Social Media Engagement
- High-level discussion on the use of social media channels to ensure published content is shared and spoken of within the relevant channels
Summary outcome: Forum Officers will share some simple guidance with members so that we can coordinate our promotion of Forum activities using our social networks.
5. Update on the TOGAF Strategy
- Mark shared the work to date and next steps, as documented and captured in the Miro Board; Members have been working to add and refine this backlog view of content
- Members agreed to review / feedback on the forthcoming draft of the TOGAF Vision & Roadmap