Overview: April 25-26, 2022
This event was made up of two key themes. Click here for the event Agenda where you will find synopses of the presentations.
The presentations, linked below for each day, are freely available to members of The Open Group and event attendees.
The TOGAF Standard is more than an open standard — it is an ecosystem which provides value through the strength and scope of its content, the broad body of knowledge in the TOGAF Library, its lage community of practitioners, and its training and certification programs. The standard provides the universal concepts of Enterprise Architecture (EA), together with established, enduring, and stable best practices to help Enterprise Architects deliver. These sessions considered the three challenges every EA team faces: how to configure their EA team; how to configure their method of developing EA; and how they document their enterprise's architecture.
EA and Practical Use-Cases
This session focused on the material available to architecture practitioners to make adoption of best practices easier.
Specific topics included:
- Utilizing building models and busness modeling
- Sprinting with the TOGAF ADM
- The Government Reference Model for transformational change in the public sector
- Using the Digital Business Reference Model
- Managing Risk and Security within a TOGAF EA
- Effective EA using the TOGAF and ArchiMate® Standards together
- Using the TOGAF Standard and the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture together
- Applying the TOGAF Standard with the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) Standard
Association of Enterprise Architects® (AEA®) Showcase
TOGAF® User Group: EA for Uncertainty Workshop
How should an Enterprise Architect plan for an unknowable changing future and avoid the situational hindsight predicament of "I wish I had thought about that!"? The pragmatic Enterprise Architect must skill themselves in thinking and planning for a future that is a moving target and is continuously changing. You will learn tools and techniques to help with this pragmatism in terms of:
- Thinking for tomorrow: learning to think beyond stated requirements
- Communicating with the business: building on common abstractions and learning how to develop and align your own
- Architecting for the future perfect progressive: how do we engineer for sustainability?
Visit The Open Group Blog for event highlights.
Visit The Open Group YouTube channel for event recordings.
For details of future events hosted by The Open Group, please refer to www.opengroup.org/events.
If you are interested in presenting at future events, then please submit a Presentation Proposal.