Architecture Forum Members' Meeting
Thursday, April 28
Objective of Meeting
The main goal of the meeting was to discuss the topics that matter to the Forum and to follow up on the different activities from the working groups. Also, to make important decisions about the review process and next steps for the release of the next version of the standard and the roadmap for the TOGAF® evolution drafts going into Company Review.
The following topics were covered in the meeting:
- Forum strategy presentation
- Business reports: certification, publications, membership, TOGAF maintenance
- Current issues to solve in the Forum: reduction in members' participation
- Project Scorecard overview
- Reports from the committees; special case for the LSC that has no activity and no officers.
- TOGAF® evolution status report
- Reports for the different working groups
- Decision items about the preparations for Company Review with the current evolution volumes and the activities planned before and during the next event in Austin
- Key decisions about the related documents that complement the core content of the standard: ADM Method Guide, Leaders Guide, Security Guide
- Forward planning for the Austin meeting considering the working sessions to address the changes received in Company Review
- Refine the roadmap for going into Company Review with the drafts
- Open actions and consent items review
- Detailed meeting minutes and list of consent items and open actions to support the current activities and key decisions about the different working activities, the TOGAF® Company Review, Guide development, and the rest of the working activities
- Take the proper action to comply with the defined roadmap for the TOGAF® Company Review: get VP approval, announce the decision to the Forum, make the PDF documents available, prepare the volumes for the review system, and send the announcement.
- Continue with the strategy the Forum officers have defined to have more members engaged in the Company Review process and maintain very clear and complete communication with members about the process.
- Take actions to improve the site structure and mechanism for members to gather information into the site so this can also support member participation.
- Improve the actions to gather more member participation; deliver a clear report on the current activities and how new and existing members can be engaged and become more active.
- Pursue more use-case presentations like the one presented in the workshop to deliver more value to members and pursue a better standard and good practice adoption.
- Take actions to improve member participation and market awareness about the standard usage.
- Support the current activities and ask for collaboration in the current activities.
- Follow up on the consent items and open actions.