SAN FRANCISCO, CA, July 9, 2020: The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards consortium, is hosting its upcoming “Digital-First” event virtually on July 20 – 23, 2020. The Open Group Digital-First July 2020 will bring together vendors and end-user organizations from across the globe to explore how they can make the radical, fundamental change towards becoming a digital enterprise – a topic that has never been more pertinent as business and technology leaders face the challenge of surviving and thriving in the ‘new normal’.
Sessions and workshops hosted by industry experts will center around the security, trust, and architectural issues that need to be considered when becoming a "Digital-First” organization. Presentations on Monday will look at the role of security in a digital enterprise, including an introduction to the core principles of Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) and The Open FAIR™ Body of Knowledge, which practitioners can utilize to understand, analyze, and measure information risk and demonstrate value to the business.
Tuesday’s sessions will look at the emerging technologies that are driving Digital Transformation projects, such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and the Internet of Things (IoT), and explore how business and IT leaders can ensure these are a success to accelerate their company’s transition to a digital enterprise. Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear how The Digital Leadership Academy (DLA), an Executive Education program at The Ohio State University inspired by The Open Group Digital Portfolio, is helping to reskill IT professionals for the digital age.
On Wednesday, sessions will delve into the role of Enterprise Architects as the new champions of IT during tough times, with the global pandemic forcing companies to rethink their technology transformation to accommodate a newly remote workforce.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to join The Data Science Virtual Workshop, ‘An Experiential Journey with Data to Inspire Your Work’. During this session which is presented by world-renowned Data Scientists from IBM, attendees will be introduced to new ways to think about and apply data to solve key challenges within their own organizations. There will also be a repeat session on Thursday to accommodate those in the various time zones.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- John Linford, Forum Director of The Open Group Security Forum and Open Trusted Technology Forum
- Maureen Norton, Chief Analytics Officer & Marketing Intelligence Professional, IBM
- Chris Frost, Principal Enterprise Architect, Fujitsu
- Dr Irene Petric, Sr. Director of Industrial Innovation IoT Group, Intel
- Rob Akershoek, Senior IT Management Architect, Fruition Partners and co-chair of the IT4IT™ Forum within The Open Group
- Michael Fulton, Associate Vice President of Technology Strategy & Innovation, Nationwide
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- Open Process Automation™ Forum (OPAF) Update – On Tuesday, this session will feature leaders from OPAF describing the vision, goals, structure, activities, and progress made by the Forum since its inception in 2017. The conversation will also provide a technical overview into the published standards and planned work for 2020.
- Using the TOGAF® Standard to Support Strategic Planning – On Wednesday, this presentation will provide a practical overview of TOGAF assets plus case studies and examples of how the TOGAF standard is used to drive business and technology planning. It will also address how the TOGAF standard can be customized to suit each organization, or to include the ArchiMate® notation or content from other standards such as SABSA for security methodology.
- TOGAF® User Group – Taking place on Wednesday, this User Group will bring together key stakeholders to share best practices and learn about how the TOGAF framework can be used in a digital first environment.
- The Open Group Live – Andrew Josey, VP, Standards & Certification, The Open Group will provide an update on training and certification from The Open Group in the light of the COVID-19 restrictions. This session will cover how The Open Group is enabling end-users to continue to grow their knowledge of standards and best practices, and become certified, while keeping safe
Registration details can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. Our diverse membership of more than 750 organizations includes customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators, academics, and consultants across multiple industries. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.
+44 (0) 7393 465534