January 22, 2018 – San Francisco, CA – The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in San Diego, California, January 29 – February 1, 2018. The Open Group San Diego 2018 will focus on the Value of Reference Architectures, bringing together vendors and end-user organizations to discuss how to implement digital and global business models.
The event will examine how standards, frameworks, reference architectures, and best practices can all help to provide the foundation for enterprises to innovate in new ways and successfully navigate the social and economic changes that are being forced upon them.
The event will also address how Reference Architectures from The Open Group can be used by vertical industries (such as Commercial Aviation, Process Automation, Financial Services, Healthcare, Academia, and Government) to help further their development.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at the US Grant Hotel, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- David Lounsbury, Chief Technical Officer & Vice President, Services for The Open Group
- Chris Forde, General Manager, Asia Pacific Region & Vice President, Enterprise Architecture, The Open Group
- Charles Betz, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
- Elizabeth Koumpan, Executive Architect & IBM Senior Certified Application Architect, IBM GBS Cognitive CoC
- Darren Blue, Director, Software Defined Industrial Systems, Intel Corporation
- Eugene Tung, Director of IT, Merck & Co
- Chris Jennewine, Senior Director, Service Availability Management, Oracle
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
Additional highlights at the event include:
- Reference Architecture - Monday morning plenary sessions include case study presentations from both the government and finance sectors on how they are using open standards and reference architectures
- Business Architecture Professional Development Workshop - Using a case study-based approach, the workshop will focus on applying business architecture methods and skills based on content published by The Open Group Business Architecture Work Group
- Enterprise Architecture (EA) & Government - Hear about the increasing awareness of EA and the growing adoption of TOGAF®, an Open Group standard, by governments across the globe
- Digital Practitioners Work Group – Explore the common themes of digital practice, including models for digital businesses, key digital capabilities, and how to develop and manage a digital workforce
- TOGAF® and ArchiMate® User Group Meeting – This will take place on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and is free to attend. This session aims to bring TOGAF and ArchiMate users together to share information, best practices, and to learn from each other
Registration for The Open Group San Diego event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. Our diverse membership of more than 550 organizations includes customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators, academics, and consultants across multiple industries. Further information can be found at www.opengroup.org
+44 207 608 4653