SAN FRANCISCO, CA, July 8 2021: The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards consortium, is hosting its upcoming “Open Digital Standards” event virtually on July 19 – 21 2021. The Open Group Open Digital Standards July 2021 will bring together vendors and end-user organizations from across the globe to discuss how the cross-industry development of open standards is helping businesses become digital-first.
Presentations on Monday will focus on the work of The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum (OPAF). Throughout the day, speakers from organizations such as CPLANEai, Schneider Electric, and ExxonMobil, will join OPAF Director, Aneil Ali, to explore the recent launch of the O-PAS™ Version 2.1 Preliminary Standard – a release that represents a key milestone towards testing and field trials of the O-PAS Standard. Presentations will provide practical examples of how the Standard is being applied within a range of industries to enable greater interoperability and portability in manufacturing control systems.
On Tuesday, attendees will have the opportunity to hear more about The Open Group Zero Trust Security Architecture (ZTA) Working Group, an industry-wide initiative to establish standards and best practices for taking a Zero Trust approach to security. John Linford, Director, Security and The Open Group Trusted Technology (OTTF) Forums, will discuss how the ZTA Working Group aims to provide clarity and business guidance for organizations looking to implement Zero Trust, and the role of open vendor – and technology neutral – standards for driving the process. Expanding on this topic, Mark Simos, Lead Cybersecurity Architect, Microsoft will take a closer look at how the Working Group is evolving the Zero Trust Core Principles into Axioms, making it easier for organizations to put Zero Trust into practice.
Continuing on the theme of security, sessions in the afternoon will provide practical guidance on the “Open FAIR™ Approach”, a model and taxonomy for understanding, analyzing, and measuring information risk. Speakers from organizations such as LLC and HealthGuard will explore a number of issues including how to measure cyber risk in economic terms and improving risk governance in healthcare.
Wednesday’s sessions will look at “Enterprise Architecture and the Digital Enterprise”, delving into the role of Enterprise Architects (EA) for driving Agile digital transformation. Speakers will discuss this theme from a range of angles, including how the position of EAs will change in an ever-evolving SaaS world and the ways that EAs can use composability to help their businesses pivot quickly and increase resiliency.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Aneil Ali, Director, Open Process Automation Forum, The Open Group
- John Linford Director, Security & The Open Group Open Trusted Technology Forums, The Open Group
- Mark Simos, Lead Cybersecurity Architect, Microsoft
- Ananth Antony, Manager, Future Offers Solution Management, Schneider Electric
- Mohan Kalyanaraman, Technology Acquisition Advisor, ExxonMobil
- Yannick Rudloff, VP & Managing Director, North America, MEGA International
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- Value of Open Standards for Vaccine Manufacturing – On Monday, Gene Tung, Executive Director of Manufacturing IT, Merck will discuss how the adoption of open, standards based process control architecture can help companies ramp up production, increase throughput, and reduce the cost of vaccines.
- Walking through a Zero Trust Example – On Tuesday, Nikhil Kumar President & Founder, Applied Technology Solutions (ApTSi) will take attendees through an example of Zero Trust in practice, illustrating the key drivers for taking this approach, how one applies it, and its business, technical and cultural implications.
- Faster Better Decisions to Unlock Organizational Value – On Wednesday, this session, hosted by Joe Geary VP of Customer Value, BiZZdesign, will outline how the pandemic has created a compelling call to action for Enterprise Architecture groups to create meaningful value for their organizations.
Registration details can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. Our diverse membership of more than 800 organizations includes customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators, academics, and consultants across multiple industries. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.