October 5, 2017 – San Francisco, CA – The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Amsterdam, October 23-26, 2017. The Open Group Amsterdam 2017 will focus on Architecting the Digital Enterprise, bringing together vendors and end-user organizations to discuss how to architect the new digital enterprise.
The event will specifically address the topic of ‘Making Standards Work®’. Its focus will be on how Enterprise Architecture and standards such as the TOGAF® framework, ArchiMate® modeling language, and IT4IT™ reference architecture (for managing the business of IT) are empowering companies to build better systems by architecting for digital business strategies.
An ArchiMate® User Group Meeting will be held on October 25. This is a free event which aims to bring together ArchiMate® users and stakeholders to share information, best practices and learn from each other.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- David Lounsbury, Chief Technical Officer & Vice President, Services for The Open Group
- Rose Schooler, Vice President & General Manager, Global IOT Sales, Intel Corporation
- Dr. Nicolas Mayer, Senior Research & Technology Associate, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Juan Aparicio, Head of Advanced Manufacturing Automation, Siemens Corporate Technology
- Trevor Cheung, Vice President of Strategy & Architecture Practice, Huawei Global Services
- Michael Fitzgerald, Vice President & Global Leader, Digital Strategy and Transformation, DXC Technology and Consulting
- Rob Akershoek, IT Management Architect, Logicalis SMC
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
Additional highlights at the event include:
- Digital Transformation - Plenary sessions include a case study presentation from the Schiphol Group on digital transformation using the TOGAF framework and ArchiMate modeling language.
- IT Management Professionals Day - On Wednesday, October 25, industry leading experts will discuss the latest topics that are having an impact on IT management. Attendees will find out how organizations are using the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture standard as an outstanding planning mechanism to help with digital transformation.
- EA & Government - Hear about the increasing awareness of EA and the growing adoption of TOGAF®, an Open Group standard, in governments across the globe.
- Process Automation - Presentations by The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture.
Registration for The Open Group Amsterdam event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is an international vendor--‐and technology--‐neutral consortium upon which organisations rely to lead the development of IT standards and certifications, and to provide them with access to key industry peers, suppliers and best practices. The Open Group provides guidance and an open environment in order to ensure interoperability and vendor neutrality. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.
+44 207 608 4653