ArchiMate® Forum Members' Meeting
Wednesday October 26, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Objective of Meeting
The main goal of the meeting was to discuss the topics and matters of the Forum and to follow up on the different activities under development by the working groups. The meeting also covered the actions and important decisions about the update of the ArchiMate ecosystem due to the release of the ArchiMate 3.0 specification, especially for the Certification Program update and the ArchiMate Exchange File Format.
The following topics were covered in the meeting:
- Review and approval of the meeting minutes and actions from the Austin meeting.
- Business report presentations: membership numbers, certification program status, and marketing activities.
- ArchiMate 3.0 ecosystem update presentation. Activities are making progress according to the roadmap and, for those that had already not started, a call for collaboration will be made (details in the minutes below). For the Certification Program update, actions are moving to release the new People Certification shortly. The Tool Certification Program conformance requirements document is still in the Company Review process.
- The progress on the ArchiMate Exchange File Format was presented. The project has been divided into two phases and the first one will be the delivery of a Snapshot. The activities will continue considering the alignment with the formal ArchiMate 3.0 specification.
- The Capability Based Planning activity report was presented. Good progress had been achieved and the White Paper will be published shortly. The actions to come are a webinar delivery and a second phase definition for the project.
- The MOF Development activity, aimed to deliver a MOF metamodel for the ArchiMate standard, has just started and more members are needed to create a bigger team. More progress is expected for February 2017.
- A new activity has been started in the Forum which is aimed to define improvements in the ArchiMate 3.0 specification. A core team is in place and the group is working to put together a list of base requirements considering new features, and also the changes presented in the defect report system.
- A new joint activity was proposed and accepted to work together with the Open Platform 3.0™ Forum to deliver models applied to solution delivery that will support having a more actionable standard.
- The coming election of the Forum officers was announced again.
- Planning for the San Francisco 2017 meeting was discussed and agreed.
- Detailed meeting minutes and list of consent items and open actions to support the current activities and key decisions about the ArchiMate 3.0 specification and the other Forum activities.
- Follow up on the actions for the update of the ArchiMate ecosystem.
- Continue with the Forum activities regarding the update of the Certification Program (Tools and People), following the proper processes.
- Support and engage members in the activities aimed to improve the ArchiMate 3.0 specification.
- Move forward with the MOF Development into the Forum.
- Take actions to improve member participation and market awareness about the standard usage.
- Support the current activities in place.
- Follow up on the consent items and open actions.