Architecture Forum Members' Meetings (3/4):
Certification Standing Committee (CSC) Working Session
Wednesday, October 26, 2:00pm – 5:30 pm
Objective of Meeting
The main goal of the meeting was to discuss the status and challenges regarding the TOGAF® Certification Program in order to define basic strategic principles aimed to improve the program and also to address the impact on the new version of the TOGAF standard.
The second objective was to present and understand the Open CA Program in order to identify the relationships and gaps with the TOGAF Certification Program and find useful ways for the two programs to work together in a more collaborative approach.
The following points were presented and discussed in the meeting:
- Overall presentation on TOGAF® Certification Program – current status of the program
- Main topics and challenges for the program (open discussion)
- Audience definition, scope definition
- Define an overall strategy for the Certification Program update based on the survey results, the ideas shared by the audience, and the TOGAF evolution process
- The TOGAF Certification Program and the relationship with Open CA
- Wrap-up and next steps
- Meeting minutes from this meeting to be shared with the CSC officers and the Forum so the topics discussed can become actionable items
- Suggested course of action to improve the collaboration between the TOGAF Certification Program and the Open CA Program through the badges and profiling mechanism application.
- Ideas to discuss with the CSC officers to take specific actions to move forward and define a working plan using the ideas discussed as input.
- To circulate and discuss the minutes with the CSC officers to define the program strategy and an action plan.
- To continue with the call for action to have more Forum members engaged in the CSC work.
- Follow up to further the proposal defined to pursue a connection with the Open CA Program.