Monday, January 27, 2:00 – 5:30 PM
Tuesday, January 28, 2:00 – 5:30 PM
Wednesday, January 29, 9:00 – 5:30 PM
Thursday, January 30, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Objective of Meeting
The IT4IT Forum members-only meetings had the following objectives:
- Inform: present recent work done by the Work Groups and Committees since the last quarterly meeting to the member attendees
- Submit: members presented their proposed topics for inclusion in the next release of the IT4IT Reference Architecture standard for review, comment, suggestions for improvement, and/or assignment to an owner for completion
- Improve: collect from member attendees any suggestions for improvement or requests for changes or additions to the IT4IT standard or to the Forum way of working
- Promote: work on quarterly plans to drive increasing adoption of the IT4IT standard around the world
- Network: use these face-to-face meetings to introduce members and non-members from around the globe to one another to improve productivity and enjoyment of the many future virtual and WebEx meeting interactions that occur for members thereafter every quarter
During the meeting sessions the members in attendance presented and vetted the current deliverables and next steps for many topics proposed for inclusion in the next version release of the IT4IT Reference Architecture standard. Most were well-known work streams that are coming to conclusion in time for submission into the next version of the standard. Some were deemed to require more discussion.
In addition, the IT4IT Forum Officers presented a State of the IT4IT Forum Quarterly Report summarizing the advancements of the last quarter.
The Forum Leaders also presented advancements in the Forum’s way of working, showing the detail for how the IT4IT standard will now be autogenerated from the ArchiMate Model of IT4IT auto-populating the content of the ASCIIDOC managed in GitLab with minor manual editing involved.
The IT4IT Forum participated in two cross-Forum planning activities:
- Digital First Framework – a movement to orchestrate several standards of The Open Group to present a unified solution for how The Open Group standards add value to IT and Business leaders who are running Digital Transformation initiatives
- Harmonization of the TOGAF® and IT4IT standards – a project primarily to produce “How to” guides for how to use the TOGAF and IT4IT standards together to solve problems for and deliver solutions to IT
All members left informed about the proposed changes for inclusion in the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture standard.
Workstream leaders left with a list of requests, changes, and guidance from members present on how to improve or complete their content areas.
Forum leaders reduced the list of open issues remaining before they can compile and release a new version of the IT4IT standard into The Open Group Company Review process.
The IT4IT Forum Officers and IT4IT Forum Work Group and Committee Leaders will publish the detailed minutes and post the presentations used during this meeting, along with the Consent Items on the IT4IT Forum (“Plato”) Collaboration website (for Forum members only).
The IT4IT Forum Officers and IT4IT Steering Committee will produce a Consent Items list for vote by the full Forum and will send this out to members only via the IT4IT Forum email list.
The agenda for Forum members-only meetings can be viewed here.
See also other links above.