Monday, January 28 to Thursday, January 31, 2019 MST (Scottsdale, Arizona, USA)
Objective of Meeting
The IT4IT Forum members-only meetings at this event of The Open Group had the following objectives:
- Inform: present recent work done by the Work Groups and Committees since the last quarterly meeting to the member attendees
- Create: continue current work streams or open new work streams in a working session to advance (build) that content with the input of members present
- Network: use these face-to-face meetings to introduce members from around the globe to one another to improve productivity and enjoyment of the many future virtual and WebEx meeting interactions that occur for members thereafter every quarter
- Improve: collect suggestions for improvement or requests for changes or additions to the IT4IT Reference Architecture (RA) or the Forum way of working from member attendees
The current deliverables and next steps for several existing IT4IT Forum Work Groups were presented and vetted with the members present. These Work Groups included:
- Guidance Standing Committee – just released an IT Tools Rationalization Guide into Forum Review for approval for publication in The Open Group Library
- Governance, Risk, Compliance – introducing the members to work-in-progress on a Guide as well as a short list of tentative change proposals to the IT4IT RA
- Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) Work Group – working to publish a Guide in 2019
- Core Standard Standing Committee – working to publish one or more Snapshots for Version “Next” of the IT4IT RA in 2019
- IT4IT RA-Based IT Operating Model Initiative – a new project whose leaders are working on a draft White Paper as the basis for launching a Work Group
- Interoperability & Information Model Work Group – working on building Level 3 of the IT4IT RA by producing a Functional Component (FC) Interoperability Specification for each FC in the IT4IT RA
- Product Lifecycle Management Standing Committee – working to improve and streamline the Forum way of working and way of managing the Forum Backlog starting with rationalizing and improving upon the use of collaboration tools for these objectives such as Plato, Trello, and Slack
- IT4IT Officers – delivered the quarterly “State of the IT4IT Forum” Report
Guidance Standing Committee
Completed and posted the Guide to IT Tools Rationalization using the IT4IT Standard into Forum Review on the first day of the Scottsdale event for comment and approval for publication in The Open Group Library by members and executives.
Governance, Risk, Compliance
introducing the members to work in progress on a Guide as well as a short list of tentative change proposals to the IT4IT RA.
Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) Work Group
The Work Group Chair gave members a “first look” at a rough draft S2P Guide posted by the Invited Experts just before this event began.
Core Standard Standing Committee
No new output since the Singapore event.
IT4IT RA-Based IT Operating Model Initiative
The project leaders presented a “first look” at the first draft of this White Paper and table of contents.
Interoperability & Information Model Work Group
The Work Group Co-Chair shared the three Functional Component Interoperability Specifications (FCIS) that have been drafted by the Work Group and requested assistance in getting volunteers to build the FCIS for the remaining FCs in the IT4IT RA.
Product Lifecycle Management Standing Committee
Showed the new re-organization of the Forum Backlog board into the new Forum Deliverables board and gave training for better managing the Forum Backlog.
The newly elected Officers of the IT4IT Forum updated and delivered the quarterly “State of the IT4IT Forum” Report with up-to-date statistics since the last quarter, as well as new objectives and themes for 2019 under this new leadership team.
Several Work Groups took suggestions for improvement, and proposed various change requests to go back and work more on. These are detailed in the Minute Meetings and Actions for IT4IT Forum members only.
- The Agenda for this IT4IT Forum members-only meeting
- Public view of the current list of the IT4IT Forum Work Groups and Standing Committees and their Chairs and the Forum Officers
- Presentations from the IT Management Professionals Day
- Presentations from Work Group Chairs (IT4IT Forum members only – requires login)