Open Process Automation™ Forum
Objective of Meetings
The objective of the Open Meeting was to present the publicly available information and publications of the Forum in order to:
- Increase current regional member participation in the work of the Forum
- Introduce the work of the Forum to interested non-members to solicit their potential membership in the Forum
The objectives of the Member Meeting were to update Regional Forum Members on the detailed work of the Forum, including status updates on the work of each of the Forum Work Groups.
Tuesday, October 30 – Plenary Presentation
Brad Houk, ExxonMobil presented in the Plenary: Open Process Automation – Unlocking Value Capture by Leveraging Advances in Digital Technology.
Tuesday, October 30 – Open Meeting
The Forum held an Open Meeting targeting both current members and non-members to achieve the stated objective (above).
Wednesday, October 31 – Member Meeting
The Forum held a full-day Member Meeting. The statue updates covered the following specific areas:
Business Work Group:
- Described the progress on the Forum’s development of a Conformance Certification Program for the initial release of the O-PAS™ Standard, Version 1.0
- Reviewed the Marketing and Outreach plans
- Described the work on the proposed Procurement Guide
Technology Work Group:
- Described, in detail, the current status of O-PAS Standard, Version 1.0
- Discussed the review process and how members may participate in the review
Architecture Work Group:
- Held a Requirements Workshop focused on the requirements of the regional members, especially end-user members
Regional Forum members and interested parties were now up-to-date with available information on the status of Forum activities.
- There is a Technical Work Group face-to-face meeting, hosted by Schneider Electric, at their offices in Houston, TX, scheduled for November 13-15
- As we have done for the last two years, we will co-locate the 1Q2019 Forum meeting with the ARC annual event in Orlando, FL, February 4-8
- Weekly WebEx meetings will continue to advance the work of the Forum, its Work Groups, and SCs.
- Open Process Automation™ Forum
- The Open Process Automation™ Business Guide – Value Proposition and Business Case for the Open Process Automation™ Standard
- Requirements for an Open Process Automation™ Standard
- Open Process Automation™ Technical Reference Model: Technical Architecture, an Open Group Snapshot