Verification Test Suite for the X Window System
The X Window System is a sophisticated network based graphics windowing
system. Testing this environment requires an equally sophisticated test
suite covering library function API testing, object testing, and protocol
verification. The VSW test suite covers these areas and also allows a
number of configuration options to accommodate testing of multiple versions
of the X Window System. Derived from the previous release from X/Open
- VSW4 and the MIT X Test Suite, VSW5 provides broad coverage, a stable
code base and a distinctive support program to cover your X Window System
Test Suite Features
VSW5 is based upon VSW4 and the MIT X Test Suite. All the features of
those test suites continue to be supported in VSW5. In addition, VSW5
provides substantial improvements over these test suites in the following
- Tests for the Xt Toolkit APIs and widget classes
- Tests for Xlib APIs added in X11r5
- Enhancement of coverage for APIs that have changed in X11r5
- Tests for the X11r5 Shape Extension APIs
- Tests for the X11r5 Input Device Extension APIs
- Repair of all bugs reported against the MIT X Test Suite
- Integration of support for 64-bit architectures
- Tests for Compound Text Encoding
- Ability to configure the tests to test X11r4, r5, and r6 implementations
in addition to the requirements for The Open Brand.
All told, there are 2000 additional tests over the original MIT X test
Relationship to The Open Brand
VSW5 is one of the mandatory indicators of compliance for the Common
Desktop Environment (CDE).
VSW5 and VSW5 Lite are now available from The Open Group. If you are
interested in obtaining a copy of VSW5 or VSW5 Lite, please contact your
nearest sales office at The Open Group.
On-line support information
For those with support contracts, access to on-line information on interpretations
and imminent releases is now available at The Open Group.