DOWNLOADING TOGAF® VERSION 9.1
TOGAF 9.1 is available to all to download free of charge for non-commercial use. That will usually mean using it inside your organization. To use TOGAF for commercial purposes, a Commercial License is available.
Follow the instructions on this page to download TOGAF in various formats, including a pdf edition and a html edition. Once you have registered you can immediately download TOGAF.
If your organization is a member of The Open Group Architecture Forum, you may download and use TOGAF internally under a personal annual Member License. If you wish to distribute TOGAF within your organization see the Commercial and Corporate licenses below
The download procedure:
- Check the TOGAF 9.1 Member Licensing Conditions; then
- Register and download TOGAF 9.1 under an Annual Member License. (You will need to supply your existing Open Group ID and password.)
You may download TOGAF Version 9.1 under a free, personal, 90-day Evaluation License; and you may then go on to use it internally under a free, perpetual, Corporate License or a free, perpetual, Academic License, if you wish. Alternatively, you may take out an annual Commercial License.
The download procedure
- Check the TOGAF 9.1 Evaluation Licensing Conditions; then
- Register and download TOGAF 9.1 under a 90-day Evaluation License.
If you download TOGAF, you are presumed to have read and accepted the TOGAF 9.1 Evaluation Licensing Conditions. There is no need to complete and submit the license.
After the Evaluation Period
After expiry of the 90-day evaluation period you should apply for a more permanent License:
- A free, perpetual Corporate License is available to any organization wanting to use TOGAF 9.1 entirely for internal purposes.
- A free, perpetual Academic License is free to any academic organization wanting to use TOGAF 9.1 entirely for academic (teaching and/or research) purposes.
- An annual Commercial License is available for organizations wishing to exploit TOGAF 9.1 commercially.
You are under no obligation to take out any of these licenses. However, if you decline, you will be obliged to send an email confirming that you have removed the TOGAF 9.1 documentation from your machine.