The Open Group Open Subsurface Data Universe™ Forum is developing a standard data platform for the oil and gas industry, which will reduce silos and put data at the center of the subsurface community.
The OSDU data platform will:
• Enable secure, reliable, global, and performant access to all subsurface and wells data
• Reduce current data silos to enable transformational workflows
• Accelerate the deployment of emerging digital solutions for better decision-making
• Create an open, standards-based ecosystem that drives innovation
This will revolutionize the industry’s ability to deliver new capabilities and reduce implementation and lifecycle costs across the subsurface community.
For further information, please download the latest OSDU brochure here.
Introducing The Open Group Open Subsurface Data Universe™ Forum featuring Johan Krebbers from Shell
The Open Subsurface Data Universe™ (OSDU) Forum: A Game Changer for the Energy (Subsurface) Industry
The OSDU Forum was launched in March 2019. We will be participating at a number of industry events over the next few months.
Get Involved and Gain Influence in Defining Open Standards and Certifications
Being a member of The Open Group gives organizations early access to the latest information and developments regarding open standards and best practices, and enables them to participate in The Open Group’s highly influential Forums and Work Groups. We provide a collaborative, vendor-neutral environment where member representatives can:
• Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
• Have early access to information on industry developments
• Gain insight for future decisions from both major customers and suppliers of IT
• Influence outcomes that benefit their organizations
• Grow professionally, and enhance their credibility in the industry
• Receive education in best practices