The Consortium empowers government and industry to collaboratively develop open standards and best practices.
In line with the 2019 MOSA directive from the Department of Defense, the SOSA Technical Standard leverages modular design and widely supported, consensus-based, nonproprietary standards for key interfaces that are expected to:
• Accelerate fielding of new capabilities
• Reduce integration cost and risk
• Streamline development
• Simplify modernization and sustainment
• Mitigate obsolescence challenges
• Facilitate interoperability and reuse
• Enable rapid composition of capabilities from conformant elements
The SOSA™ Consortium and Technical Standard
The SOSA Technical Standard leverages and complements open standards in government and industry. It defines architectural modules (containing functions and behaviors) with defined open interfaces, enabling the development of capabilities made up of common components. The standard incorporates specifications for software components and hardware elements, as well as electrical and mechanical interfaces composing the SOSA sensor element.