This FAQ is to help explain the Attachment control feature within the Sophocles Mail Manager .
- What is Attachment control for ?
- Attachment control is a List Maintainer feature that allows control over whether attachments are allowed in messages sent to a list.
- What are the settings for Attachment control?
- On (the default).The default is to allow attachments to be posted to a list.
Off . When set to Off messages containing most attachments or inline uuencoded text will not be accepted. They will be forwarded to the list maintainer, and a message sent to the originator informing them that the message was not allowed.
- How do I set the Attachment control for a list ?
- Attachment control can either be set when a list is created,
or when updating a list.
- Are html messages allowed when Attachments is set to Off ?
- No, html text messages are seen as attachments and disallowed.
To accept them set the Attachments control to On.
- What attachments are allowed when Attachments is set to Off ?
- The system will allow pgp signature and vcard attachments.
20 Apr 2005