The Open Group, the vendor-neutral IT consortium, is hosting its upcoming event in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, July 17 - 20, 2017. The Open Group Ottawa 2017 will focus on e-Government, bringing together practitioners and industry experts to discuss achievements in e-Government architecture, lessons learned and emerging issues.
The event will specifically address the topic of ‘Making Standards Work®’. Its focus will be on how techniques such as Enterprise Architecture and Business Design, along with Open Group standards such as TOGAF® and ArchiMate®, are acting as a foundational core for enterprise transformation.
Key speakers at the event, taking place at the Shaw Centre, include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Chris Forde, CEO, the Association of Enterprise Architects
- Raul Mario Abril Jimenez, Programme Manager, European Commission
- Robert Weisman, CEO & President, Build the Vision
- Paul Homan, CTO, Industrial Solutions, IBM
- Dharma Bhagavarthi, Corporate Strategy & Business Development Business Partner, Sanofi
Full details on the range of track speakers at the event can be found here.
Additional key topics of discussion at the event include:
- EA in Government - Business Transformation in Government, Use of Governance and Audit Frameworks and e-Government case studies (including using TOGAF®).
- The Open Group Open Process Automation™ Forum - Users of process control automation systems need a next-generation interoperable and secure process control automation framework. Such a framework (a standard of standards) would provide customers of process control systems with an open architecture upon which future innovation could occur, while preserving investments made in current process control automation systems.
- ArchiMate® 3.0 - Features and practical use cases of the ArchiMate 3.0 Standard.
- Open Platform 3.0™ - Focus on the Customer Experience and Digital Business. Track sessions on covering the Internet of Things (IoT) applied in government and Smart Cities.
- Registration for The Open Group Ottawa event is open now and is available to members and non-members. More information can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is an international vendor--‐and technology--‐neutral consortium upon which organisations rely to lead the development of IT standards and certifications, and to provide them with access to key industry peers, suppliers and best practices. The Open Group provides guidance and an open environment in order to ensure interoperability and vendor neutrality. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.
+44 207 608 4653