Developing high-assurance architecture models, standards, validation and certification to assure dependability at multiple levels
The Open Group Real-time & Embedded Systems Forum brings together core technology suppliers, integrators, and customers to lead the development of architecture methods and models for multiple levels of assurance with sufficient evidence, connecting architecture to engineering to mitigate risk and ensure dependability, secure reliable standards based on Mils™ that build-in core dependability at the operating system level, and standard APIs that enable middleware and applications to interface with those core components in a way that maintains that same level of dependability and security.
This approach, called Dependability through Assuredness™, will ultimately enable customers and end-users that rely on mission and safety critical systems to reduce the risk of malfunctioning systems and security vulnerabilities in their system environments.
The Open Group Real-time & Embedded Systems Forum provides a vendor-neutral environment where member organizations can:
- Work with large customers, suppliers, integrators, and research institutes from around the globe in both the commercial safety-critical markets (medical, SCADA, Smart Grid) and mission-critical government markets (DoD, DHS, NATO) to understand requirements and promote standards based solutions in high assurance.
- Network with a world-class community of experts and peers and grow professionally
- Expand the marketplace for high assurance architects and for product solutions that are based on the architecture methodology, standards and certification programs developed in the forum.
Vision & Goals
The vision of the Real-time and Embedded Systems is to grow the marketplace for standardized real-time and embedded systems, through the deployments of standards and associated certification programs.
The goals of the Real-Time and Embedded Systems Forum are to:
- be the 'single place' for real-time and embedded systems practitioners to come together for information exchange
- act as an independent broker to integrate and bring together related Real-Time and Embedded Systems activities
- develop a series of White Papers identifying the specific needs of Real-Time and Embedded Systems
- identify priorities for standardization
- develop test and certification programs to enable the proliferation of standardized real-time and embedded systems
The opportunity of this forum is to prove that real world standardized products exist through both certification and testing, and not just shelf ware standards and specifications.
The Open Group events are for business and technology professionals interested in achieving business objectives through technology standards. The Open Group organizes conferences, member meetings, industry verticals, webinars and podcasts on a wide variety of topics.
Check our events calendar for upcoming events.
Follow The Open Group on Twitter @theopengroup
The Open Group Library offers a wide range of publications including standards, guides, webinars, white papers, and more.
Get Involved and Gain Influence in Defining Open Standards and Certifications
Being a member of The Open Group gives organizations early access to the latest information and developments regarding open standards and best practices, and enables them to participate in The Open Group’s highly influential Forums and Work Groups. We provide a collaborative, vendor-neutral environment where member representatives can:
- Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
- Have early access to information on industry developments
- Gain insight for future decisions from both major customers and suppliers of IT
- Influence outcomes that benefit their organizations
- Grow professionally, and enhance their credibility in the industry
- Receive education in best practices