The Open Group Professional Certification for the Data Scientist Profession (Open CDS)
The Open Group Open Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS) certification is the industry's most comprehensive certification available for Data Scientists and the organizations that employ them. Open CDS is an independent global certification for qualifying the skills, knowledge, and experience of Data Scientists.
Open CDS certification verifies that Data Scientist professionals have the qualities and capabilities required to produce effective analysis of data for the overall improvement of the business. Open CDS certification requires applicants to demonstrate skills and experience against a set of conformance requirements through written applications and peer interviews. There are no training courses to attend and no written exams to complete.
Open CDS certification is:
- A distinctive, peer-reviewed, vendor-neutral, globally recognized, portable credential
- Used by the world’s leading enterprises as an objective measure of capabilities
- A proven guide for filling critical roles and responsibilities
- An outstanding career move
There are 3 levels of certification for Data Scientists:
- Level 1: Certified Data Scientist
- Level 2: Master Certified Data Scientist
- Level 3: Distinguished Certified Data Scientist
Benefits for Individuals
For individuals, Open CDS certification represents an ideal mechanism for demonstrating knowledge, success, and overall expertise in the field of Data Science. Open CDS certification significantly enhances and evidences your professional skills, improves your prospects for rewarding assignments, accelerates salary and career advancement, and results in greater peer recognition.
Open CDS certification is a stepwise process, broken broken down into three stages – this allows candidates to manage their certification at a pace that is most suitable to them and start to show evidence for their expertise more quickly:
- Step One - Obtain the required Milestone Badges (four for Levels 1 & 3, five for Level 2). Candidates submit separate Milestone Application Forms, which are then evaluated independently
- Step Two - Complete the Experience Application Form
- Step Three - Attend a board review
To learn more about the certification process or register for your first Milestone Badge, visit the Open CDS Certification site.
Benefits for Organizations
For organizations, Open CDS certification provides an independent, global, experience-based benchmark for identifying, assessing, and selecting the most qualified individuals for critical roles and responsibilities. Open CDS certification can help to optimize the staff recruitment and retention process and motivate staff to acquire this widely recognized industry standard to authenticate their skills and experience.
Organizations can also utilize The Open Group materials to build their own professional certification programs and apply the Open CDS certification structure to enhance their own learning and development programs.