Leading global standards for Enterprise Architecture and certification for enterprise IT and Business Architecture
The vision of The Open Group® is, “Boundaryless Information Flow™ achieved through global interoperability in a secure, reliable and timely manner”. The Open Group Architecture Forum mission supports this by:
- Validating, publishing, fostering, and maintaining best practices for Enterprise Architecture
- Developing, organizing, researching, and publishing thought leaders in Enterprise Architecture
- Providing broad and deep leadership to the Enterprise Architect community
- Initiating and managing programs and projects to support these activities
The Open Group Architecture Forum is best known as the home of the TOGAF® Standard and is the place where changes and extensions to the standard are developed by members, but its work is more diverse than this, and includes a wide range of architecture related topic such as:
- Using Enterprise Architecture to enable the Digital-First Enterprise
- Open Agile ArchitectureTM
- Business Architecture (as a specialization within Enterprise Architecture)
- Zero Trust Security Architecture (in collaboration with The Open Group Security Forum)
- Reference Architecture for Commercial Aviation
- Application Architecture
- Data Integration
- Microservice Architectures
All of its work is core to The Architects Toolkit - a portfolio of the most pertinent standards, reference architectures, frameworks, tools and bodies of knowledge used by Enterprise Architects in their work lives.
The Open Group events are for business and technology professionals interested in achieving business objectives through technology standards. The Open Group organizes conferences, member meetings, industry verticals, webinars and podcasts on a wide variety of topics.
Check our events calendar for upcoming events.
Business Architecture Q&A with Andrew Josey, The Open Group, and Paul Homan, IBM