Updated 17 October 2020
Important notice concerning The Open Group Exam testing impacted by COVID-19 (coronavirus):
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Pearson VUE, who provides The Open Group testing service, is adjusting its test center operations in accordance with advice from government and local authorities. Please check below to view the country-by-country information in advance of your appointment to prepare for your exam experience. Please note that as an alternative you can take your exam remotely using OnVUE online proctored delivery.
Country-by-country testing guidance
Visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update for full details of country-by-country information.
Advice for Impacted Candidates
Testing candidates with cancelled exams will either receive a refund (if paid to Pearson VUE) or if booked with an exam voucher please contact The Open Group for assistance.
As an alternative to traveling to a test center, most of The Open Group certification exams are available to take remotely with OnVUE Online Proctoring from Pearson VUE (more details...)
Q: Why has my exam been moved by Pearson VUE to a location saying in country but "No city available" ?
A. Due to the continued concern around the COVID-19 outbreak, Pearson VUE has had to suspend exam deliveries at the test centre where you are currently scheduled in accordance with guidance from health and government organizations. They have moved your exam to a temporary appointment-holding test center to allow you time to reschedule your appointment to a date and location convenient to you. You should have received an email informing you of this change, but in some circumstances this can end up in your spam folder or be blocked by your email provider. Before your currently scheduled appointment date, please reschedule your exam, free of charge, through your online candidate profile. If you booked your exam using an exam voucher and that has expired please contact The Open Group for assistance.
Q: How will I know if my exam is canceled?
A: You will receive an email cancellation notice from Pearson VUE and you will either receive a refund (if paid to Pearson VUE) or if booked with an exam voucher you can contact The Open Group for a voucher replacement. You can also log in to your Pearson VUE account to see if you can still see your upcoming exam appointment. According to Pearson VUE, if you are still able to see your upcoming exam appointment, please expect your exam to go ahead as planned, but with additional health and safety measures in place.
Q: Can I reschedule my exam at this time?
A: Yes. You can attempt to reschedule your exam through your online Pearson VUE account. The Pearson VUE system will only allow you to book exams on dates that will be available for testing. If you have an exam voucher that is due to expire soon, then you should contact The Open Group for assistance.
Please raise a helpdesk ticket in The Open Group Help Center - login using your account with The Open Group that was used for your exam registration, select the Certification and Accreditation Category, and the specific program. Our team will need details of the exam name, voucher code, and expiry date. Please note that rescheduling and cancelations are managed through your Pearson VUE account.
Things you can do if you are taking an exam at a test center:
Please note: Face masks are now required while testing at a Pearson VUE-owned test center. More information»
- Wash your hands upon arrival to the test center.
- Utilize hand sanitizer upon entering the testing room.
- Tissues will be offered as you enter the testing room. Per the World Health Organization, please cover your nose and mouth in case of sneezing or coughing.
- Reschedule your testing appointment if you are unwell and exhibiting symptoms such as fever and/or respiratory difficulties.
As efforts to control the COVID-19 outbreak carry on, we will continue to monitor the global situation and will act upon any new guidance provided by local authorities and government agencies as they develop.
Courses delivered virtually and e-learning courses may be a good solution during the COVID-19 restrictions; the delivery methods applicable to a course are listed on the conformance declaration included on the register.
Exams and Results
- Q: When will I receive my exam results?
A: Usually you will receive notification of your pass or fail status within a few minutes of completing your exam in the form of a printed score report. In addition, you can obtain your score reports from within your Pearson VUE testing account for The Open Group exams.
Occasionally, if a score report is unable to be printed then you will only receive the electronic copy. If your result is shown as pending this indicates that Pearson VUE are still to generate the score report, and this may take a few hours.
The examination provider will forward your score to The Open Group within five business days, after which The Open Group will process the results. If the results are acceptable for certification, The Open Group will then contact you via email within 6 six business days to complete your certification. You will not be visible in the Directory of Certified Individuals until you receive this email from The Open Group AND log in to the certification system to complete the steps to be certified.
- Q: My score report is pending, what does this mean?
A: Usually you will receive notification of your pass or fail status within a few minutes of completing your exam in the form of a printed score report. In addition, you can obtain your score reports from within your Pearson VUE testing account.
Occasionally, if a score report is unable to be printed then you will only receive the electronic copy. If your result is shown as pending this indicates that Pearson VUE are still to generate the score report, and this may take a few hours. Your score report will be forwarded to The Open Group within five business days, after which The Open Group will process the results.
- Q: What are the exam requirements?
- A: The requirements depend on the program. See the Examinations page for more information.
- Q: What exams are available at Pearson VUE?
A:All of The Open Group examinations are available at Pearson VUE test centers (*):
- ArchiMate® 2 Part 1 Exam
- ArchiMate® 2 Part 2 Exam
- ArchiMate® 2 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 Exam
- ArchiMate® 3 Part 1 Exam
- ArchiMate® 3 Part 2 Exam
- DPBoK™ Part 1 Exam
- IT4IT™ Part 1 Exam
- Open FAIR™ Part 1 Exam
- TOGAF® 9 Part 1 Exam (all languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Latin American Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
- TOGAF® 9 Part 2 Exam (all languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Latin American Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
- TOGAF® 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 Exam (English and Simplified Chinese)
- TOGAF Business Architecture Part 1
(*) Most examinations are also available to take at home. See here.
- Q. What are the examination fees?
- A. See the Examination fees information page.
- Q. Can I take my exam remotely without traveling to a test center?
- A. Yes, the most popular exams can be taken remotely at home or at the office with OnVUE Online Proctoring from Pearson VUE.
- Q: How do I find out more information about The Open Group certification exams?
- A: See the Examinations page for information on the available examinations, examination fees, and how to register for an exam.
- Q: What are the terms of The Open Group Examination Non-disclosure agreement?
A:THE OPEN GROUP CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT:
This is an agreement ("Agreement") between You and THE OPEN GROUP that sets forth the terms and conditions of your use and disclosure of the Exam Materials.
You hereby understand, acknowledge, and agree:
1. That THE OPEN GROUP spends substantial sums of time and money in developing and administering its Exam Materials and carefully guards their integrity and confidentiality;
2. That the questions and answers of the Exam are the exclusive and confidential property of THE OPEN GROUP and are protected by THE OPEN GROUP's intellectual property rights;
3. That You may not disclose the Exam questions or answers or discuss any of the content of the Exam Materials with any person, without prior written approval of THE OPEN GROUP;
4. That You will not remove from the examination room any Exam Materials of any kind provided to You or any other material related to the Exam, including, without limitation, any notes or calculations;
5. That You will not copy or attempt to make copies (written, photocopied, or otherwise) of any Exam Material, including, without limitation, any exam questions or answers;
6. That You will not sell, license, distribute, give away, or obtain from any other source other THE OPEN GROUP Exam materials, questions or answers.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that violation of any of these provisions will cause irreparable harm to THE OPEN GROUP for which monetary remedies may be inadequate, and that THE OPEN GROUP shall be entitled, without waiving any other rights or remedies, to take all appropriate actions to remedy or prevent such disclosure or misuse, including obtaining an immediate injunction.
Neither this Agreement nor any right granted hereunder shall be assignable or otherwise transferable by You. This Agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law rule. This Agreement represents the entire Agreement of the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement, and supersedes any and all prior oral discussions and/or written correspondence or agreements between the parties with respect thereto.
- Q: Why is the appointment time at the test center longer than the exam time?
- A: The appointment time includes the time needed to register at the test center, review the instructions, read and accept the NDA, and complete the exam questions.
- Q: How can I reschedule my exam appointment at The Open Group Exam Provider?
- You will need to contact the Examination Provider directly as The Open Group has no access to the exam provider's registration systems and is not able to provide detailed assistance on registration issues. (See Pearson VUE Q&A)
- Q. What should I do if I encounter technical problems when taking the exam?
- A. If you encounter technical problems when taking your examination, please raise them with the test center at the time of attendance, and obtain an incident number.
- Q. I failed my examination, can I get a discount voucher for another attempt?
- A. For information on how to obtain a retake voucher, see the Advice for Candidates information sheet.
- Q. How does Exam registration work?
- A. Exam registration is setup so that you register for exams directly from your The Open Group web account. This is used to connect to Pearson VUE, and ensures that results are attached to your Candidate ID, which is common across all The Open Group certification programs and also its Open Badges system.
- Q. My credit card is being declined, what should I do?
A. It is possible that Pearson VUE has put a block on your account, this is usually done automatically by their system due to too many invalid payment attempts. To remove this block you will need to call Pearson VUE Customer Service and verify your details. They can be reached at http://pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/contact/. The block will then be removed and you can then proceed with booking the exam, or you can ask the agent if its possible to book the exam for you .
It is also possible you are in a country where Pearson VUE does not accept payment by credit card:
Pearson VUE does not accept credit card payments in the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Uganda. Candidates in these countries may arrange for payment directly with the Test Center where they plan to test. Since Pearson delivers The Open Group exams via the third party channel, each Test Center establishes their own guidelines surrounding the payment methods they will accept. Most centers in these countries are prepared to assist these candidates to overcome this block.
- Q. I reset my password and can login to the main www.opengroup.org site but not the certification site. What can I do?
- A.There can be a delay of up to 30 minutes to synchronize password changes between sites. If after 30 minutes it does not work please raise a helpdesk ticket with the Certification team.
- Q. My registration details in the system do not match my forms of identification. What should I do?
A. You should update your The Open Group profile, and connect to your Pearson VUE account to confirm that they match the forms of identification. Visit the Take Exam page for details. Connecting to your Pearson VUE will refresh your profile details if you have updated them.
If you take no action, then you will be turned away from the test center. The ID requirements are clearly stated and provided to you in the email confirmation also with the note:
"The test will not be delivered without the appropriate forms of identification. Pearson VUE Administrators have the right to refuse seating for the exam if they are unable to properly identify you."
Your exam slot will then be classified as a no-show, and you would need to make a new booking for which payment would be required.
- Q. How do I connect to my account at Pearson VUE to re-synchronize my details?
- A. Visit the Take Exam page and follow the instructions to connect to your Pearson VUE account
- Q. I am unable to connect to my account at Pearson VUE. What should I do?
- A. This can happen for a number of reasons. By examining the end of the URL on the error screen you can diagnose possible causes of the issue. See the following Q&A in this section for additional information.
- Q. I receive an ERROR_CANDIDATE_NOT_FOUND error when connecting to my account at Pearson VUE. What should I do?
A. If you are registering for the first time, this indicates we were unable to transfer your details to Pearson VUE due to an issue with your profile.
Please check you have a valid phone number (check that there are no spaces or periods in the phone number) and address including country.
If after updating you still have errors please contact our helpdesk using the address given on the screen.
- Q. I receive an ERROR_VUE_WIDE_BLOCK error when connecting to my account at Pearson VUE. What should I do?
- A. Unfortunately this means that Pearson VUE has put a block on your account, this is usually done automatically by their system due to too many invalid payment attempts. To remove this block you will need to call Pearson VUE Customer Service and verify your details. They can be reached at http://pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/contact/ The block will then be removed and you can then proceed with booking the exam, or you can ask the agent if its possible to book the exam for you .
- Q. I am unable to register for an ESL exam at Pearson VUE, as it says a price could not be found. What should I do?
- A. This exam is available for candidates who are residents of and plan to take the exam in a designated ESL country. If there is no price listed for this exam, then you are not eligible by default for this exam. For further information and a list of designated ESL countries, see: https://certification.opengroup.org/examinations#ESL.
- Q. How do I find my Candidate ID?
A. There are multiple ways to find this:
1.Login to your profile page at The Open Group and it is displayed on the page as the Individual ID.
2. Select the "Goto Pearson VUE" link on the Take Exam page at https://certification.opengroup.org/take-exam. The summary page shown will include your Candidate ID in the Personal Information.
3. If applicable, login to your TOGAF 9 Certification account at https://togaf9-cert.opengroup.org, and select View/Edit my Certification Record. The Candidate ID is at the top of the Certification Information. Please note that your Certification ID (CID) is not a Candidate ID.
- Q. I am trying to register for two consecutive exams for an OnVUE (online proctored) exam, but get returned to The Open Group site with an error return (ERROR) before the available dates page is displayed. What should I do?
- A. This is a known issue with the Pearson VUE registration system, that has been reported to them. The workaround is to book the exams separately.
For additional registration information see the Pearson VUE Specific Q&As below.
OnVUE Delivery (Remote exams)
When booking for OnVUE delivery, please check your appointment time, noting that in the online booking system 12:00 AM is midnight
- Q. What is OnVUE delivery?
- A. OnVUE online proctored exams allow you to conveniently take an exam in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor. All communication with the proctor is done in English.
- Q. Will OnVUE delivery work for me?
- A. OnVUE delivery is not available in China, Japan, Slovenia, South Korea. To check your connection and device are suitable, you can run the system test available here.
- Q. What do I need to know about OnVUE delivery?
- Your computer needs a webcam, microphone, and sufficient internet speed to satisfy system requirements
- These exams are taken seriously, so please prepare your room as if it was a live test center
- The exam must be taken in a walled room, with a closed door and without distractions; this also means that if there are others in your home/office, they must not interrupt you during your exam
- Do not leave the room during your exam; your exam will be terminated
- To secure the integrity of these exams, no breaks will be allowed during the entirety of your exam
- Q. What exams are available to take with OnVUE delivery?
- A. See https://www.opengroup.org/certifications/online-proctored-exams for the list of available exams.
- Q. How do I find my Purchased Online Exams screen?
To find to the Purchased Online Exams screen , the simplest route is from: https://home.pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/onvue
Select option 2 - login. This will take you to https://certification.opengroup.org/take-exam
Click on the Goto Pearson VUE link (login). Click proceed to Pearson VUE. This will take you to your home screen at Pearson VUE where you will find the screen.
- Q. How do I register to take an OnVUE Online Proctored exam?
- A. See the registration tutorial (pdf).
- Q. How do I get started with registering for an OnVUE delivered exam?
- A. Visit the Pearson VUE OnVUE page
- Q. How do I find out the systems requirements for registering for an OnVUE delivered exam?
- A. Visit the Pearson VUE OnVUE page for detailed system requirements. These include the ability to run a system test to check suitability.
- Q. What are the policies for taking an OnVUE delivered exam?
- A. Visit the Pearson VUE OnVUE page for details on requirements related to your workspace where you will be taking the exam, the type of identification you will be required to present, etc.
- Q. Can I register for two consecutive exams for OnVUE delivery?
- A. No, OnVUE does not support consecutive delivery and you may get an error when trying to register. If you want to book more than one exam, they must be booked separately.
- Q. Is OnVUE delivery available worldwide?
- A. No, OnVUE delivered exams are not available in the following countries: China, Japan, Slovenia, South Korea.
- Q. If I have an exam booked for a test center, how can I change it to an OnVUE Online Proctored exam?
- A. You will need to first cancel the existing appointment and then rebook. This can be done through your online account or by contacting Pearson VUE Support.
- Q. I am failing the OnVUE system test. How can I get help?
- A. Pearson VUE provide and support the OnVUE service and can be contacted at https://home.pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/contact.
- Q. I had a problem during delivery of the OnVUE exam, how can I get help?
- Pearson VUE provide and support the OnVUE service and should be contacted first for all matters related to the service — see https://home.pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/contact. If your problem could not be resolved then you can also contact The Open Group helpdesk see here, please note that The Open Group are unable to resolve matters related to running exams via OnVUE delivery.
- Q. How do I reschedule an OnVUE examination and/or change the delivery mode to take the examination at a test center?
- A. You will need to cancel the examination through your account at Pearson VUE (login here), and then register for another exam. Please note you need to cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the exam booking. Please note that all registrations, cancellations, and rescheduling are managed by The Open Group examination provider, Pearson VUE.
For additional information on OnVUE delivery see here.
For certification credentials, such as TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1, see here
- Q: What do I need to do after passing an exam to receive a certificate and Open Badge?
- A: The next steps depend on the program type. For certification credentials, such as TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1, you complete certification by accepting an Open Badge, see here. For other certifications you must first enter into a trademark license agreement to complete the certification (see The Open Group Certification for People: Certification Policy for Examination-Based Programs), and an Open Badge follows within 10 working days after completing certification.
- Q: I have tried to login to complete the certification, however I am getting a "Your account is locked. Reason: PENDING" error. What should I do?
- A: You must activate your account before you can log in. After creating your account, you should have received an email, sent to the business email address specified in your account, containing a link you need to use to verify your email address and activate your account. You may request to have the account activation email resent: https://www2.opengroup.org/ogsys/common/ResendVerifyEmail.html . Once you have activated your account, you will be able to log in.
- Q: What are the next steps after completing the exam(s)?
- A: Exam results are sent from the exam provider to The Open Group. Upon receipt, they are processed, and if accepted as suitable for certification then The Open Group sends you an email with information on how to login to the web certification system at The Open Group to complete the process to become certified.
- Q: How long does it take for The Open Group to contact me?
- A: This can take up to 6 business days. The Open Group typically receives your exam result from the exam provider within 2 days of you taking the exam and then needs to process the result. Please note that The Open Group offices are closed on the weekend.
- Q: What should I do if I am not contacted by The Open Group?
- A: Occasionally we are unable to contact you due to email delivery problems (spam blocking, typo in an email address etc.). If after 6 business days you have not been contacted please submit a helpdesk ticket for the applicable certification program.
- Q: Will The Open Group send me a hard copy of the certificate?
- A: No. Due to the global nature of the program, only PDF certificates are available. Certificates can be downloaded from an individual's resource center which is available once certification is complete.
- Q: I do not have a web ID (Candidate ID) for The Open Group, what should I do?
- A: You will first need to create one before you attempt to complete certification. You can do this via The Open Group website, www.opengroup.org. Please click log in & create an account (or proceed directly to https://www.opengroup.org/ogsys and select option 1). You can then use the account details you have just registered to login to the certification system and complete the steps to become certified.
- Q: Where do I login to complete my Certification?
- A: See the how to complete your certification page for a link to the applicable certification program website. After you log in, the certification system will guide you through the steps to complete your certification.
- Q: Where do I login to obtain my Certificate and the certification logos?
- A: You must log in to the applicable certification program website. Your certificate and a file containing the certification logo will be accessible from your Resource Center, which is available after you complete the process to get certified. See the page on how to complete your certification for a link to the applicable certification program website. After you log in, you will either see your Resource Center where you can access your certification and logos (if you have completed the certification process) or the ability to complete your certification.
- Q: I failed part of a combined exam, but have now passed that part, but my certification level does not reflect this. What should I do?
- A: You should contact the appropriate certification helpdesk to request they update your certification level. Please include information on the exams taken, the score reports, or a detailed summary of the results, and the certification IDs in the system.
- Q: How can I share my certification on my LinkedIn profile and other social media platforms?
- A: The simplest way is via the Open Badge that issued with each certification. See here.
Completing a Certification Credential
This applies to certification credentials, such as TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1
- Q: Why is completing certification credentials different to other certifications?
- A: Certification credentials, such as TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1, are issued directly by The Open Group Partner— Credly Acclaim as a digitally verifiable credential. See the Open Badges FAQs here.
- Q: How do I complete my certification and get a certificate?
- A: After your exam result is received at The Open Group, if you have not opted into The Open Group Badges program you will be invited to opt-in. Once opted in an Open Badge will be issued to you. You will need to create an account with Credly Acclaim in order to receive the badge and certification. You are able to download a pdf of the certificate from your Credly Acclaim account
- Q: How do I download my certificate?
- A: To complete certification and print your certificate, you need to: 1. Login to the Acclaim account, select the badge , then click on Share, then 2. Select the print icon, and that will let you download the certificate as a pdf. See this video.
- Q: How do I create a Credly Acclaim account?
- A: Visit https://www.youracclaim.com and select Create Account.See this video to learn how to create an Acclaim account, accept and share your certification badges.
- Q: I received a voucher as part of my training course, what are the terms and conditions?
A:The general terms and conditions for vouchers supplied by The Open Group are as follows (additional terms may be circulated with a voucher):
- A voucher expires on the date provided with the voucher (the expiration date).
- You must register for and *take* your examination prior to the expiration date provided with the voucher.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Each voucher may be redeemed to take one certification exam, delivered at an authorized testing center.
- Vouchers may only be valid for specific exams, please ensure you redeem the voucher against the correct exam.
- Expired, lost, or stolen vouchers will not be replaced.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, or returned for a refund.
- Vouchers cannot be applied to exams that have already been taken.
- Vouchers are not transferable between programs.
- Q: Can my voucher be extended?
- A: No, the voucher expiration date cannot be extended under any circumstances. If you contact The Open Group helpdesk and provide your voucher code, they may in some circumstances be able to make available a one time voucher valid for three months for an administrative fee.
- Q: Can I purchase Pre-Paid Exam Vouchers for The Open Group Exams?
A: Pre-paid exam vouchers for taking The Open Group exams at test centers are only generally available as part of attendance at an accredited training course.
If you are an individual who wants to take an exam, then you can pay for your exam by credit card at the time of registration with the exam provider.
If your employer requires to buy exam vouchers for its employees, then they can apply to The Open Group for a Retail voucher account in The Open Group shop (contact onlineshop (at) opengroup.org - for details)
- Q: My voucher code is not being accepted. What can I do?
- A: When booking your examination, if you have a voucher code that is not being accepted firstly ensure that you are entering the exact code as distributed –we recommend that you cut and paste the code; secondly ensure you have selected the correct exam type as vouchers are exam specific. Thirdly, check that the voucher type is the correct type for the exam provider: Pearson VUE vouchers all have the prefix OG. An exam voucher code can only be used once. If you plan to reschedule an examination you must cancel the existing appointment otherwise the appointment will be classified as a no-show and the voucher code will be used. The exam must be taken prior to the expiry date of the exam voucher code. It is not possible to extend the validity of a voucher code.
- Q. What is an Open Badge?
- A. It is a digitally verifiable credential. It is a way for you to share information about your certifications in a digitally secure and verifiable manner, including options to respect your privacy. The Open Group badging partner is Credly Acclaim.
- Q. How do I manage and share my Open Badge for my certification?
- The Credly Acclaim platform is designed to allow you to easily and efficiently manage and share your professional achievements, including certifications from The Open Group. See this video to learn how to create an Acclaim account, accept and share your certification badges.
- Q: Will I get an Open Badge with my certification?
- A. If you choose to opt-in to The Open Group Open Badges program then you can receive one. See http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/openbadges for details. If you have completed a certification credential, such as TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1, then the certification is issued directly via The Open Group badging partner — Credly Acclaim.
- Q.How do I claim my Open Badge?
- A. The Open Group will email you to invite you to opt-in to the badging program. Once you have done so then you will receive badges via The Open Group's badging partner (Credly Acclaim). See http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/openbadges for details.
- Q. How long will it be before I get my badge?
- A. This depends on the program. For exam-based certifications, badges are typically issued within 1 business day of certification being completed. For Open Professions certifications it can take up to 10 business days. See http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/openbadges for details.
- Q. Can I print a certificate with my Open Badge?
- A. Yes from within your Credly Acclaim account, the option to share includes a print to pdf function.
- Q. How can I share my certification on my LinkedIn profile?
- From within your Credly Acclaim account, go to the Share Badge page, click the LinkedIn icon, and follow the instructions. See also this video.
- Q. Can i attach my certification to my email signature?
- A. Yes, adding a hyperlinked certification badge image to your email signature is a great way to make sure your professional network is aware of your certification. 1. Login to your Credly Acclaim account, select the badge you want. 2.Select the share button at the top of the page. 3. Select the tab with the download icon, and use the sliding scale to select the appropriate size for your image download. (We recommend around 150x150 pixels, in this case.) Click the "Download Image" button. 4. Select the tab with the link icon, and click the "Copy" button to copy the Badge URL your clipboard. You'll need this to hyperlink your downloaded image.
- Q. What is a certification credential?
- A. The Open Group Certification program includes certification credentials for small amounts of learning (3 hours upwards), effectively micro-certifications. They lead to the award of a digitally verifiable credential for the certification, known as an Open Badge. Certification credentials are being developed for a number of topic areas. Initially, knowledge-based credentials are being developed. In the future it will be possible to earn additional certifications for collections of related sets of certification credentials.
- Q.What types of certification credentials are there?
A. There are currently two types:
- Refreshed Knowledge (e.g., TOGAF Essentials 2018)
- Specializations (e.g., TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1)
- Q. How long will it be before I receive my certification and an Open Badge for a certification credential?
- A. Certification is awared and an Open Badge issued within 6 business days of the pass result for a credential being received. See http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/openbadges for details.
- Q. Do I receive a certificate with my certification credential?
- A. Yes in your Acclaim account, the option to share includes a print to pdf function which generates an official certificate.
- Q. Where can I find out more about certification credentials?
- A. See http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/credentials for details.
Open Book Exams
- Q: How do I access the Open Book in an Open Book exam?
- A. If you are taking an "Open Book" examination then the reference book is always built into the examination itself, and available by selecting the "Reference" button within the examination
- Q. What Open Book is provided with the TOGAF 9 Part 2 exam?
- A. The TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 is provided with the Part 2 exams.
- Q. How is the reference book displayed within the exam?
- A. A pdf version of the reference book is displayed with a pdf reader. It should be noted that at Pearson VUE test centers exam delivery is over the internet. It should also be noted that due to the limitations on monitor size and screen resolution it may be necessary to use the magnification button within the pdf reader to adjust the size of small text within diagrams.
TOGAF Exam Q&As
- Q: Where can I find out about TOGAF certifications?
- A. Visit the TOGAF certification information page
- Q: Where can I find out about the TOGAF exams?
- A: Visit the exam information page
- Q: I failed part of the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and 2 Examination, do I need to retake both parts?
- A: No, you need only retake the section(s) that you failed. So if you failed Part 2 of the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and 2 Examination (OG0-093), you need only retake the TOGAF 9 Part 2 Examination (OG0-092). You will need to wait at least one (1) month before a retake.
- Q: I passed Part 1 and failed Part 2 of the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and 2 Examination, do I still qualify for TOGAF 9 Foundation?
- A: No, the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and 2 Examination only leads to the TOGAF 9 Certified qualification. If you fail a section then no certification is awarded, however you only need retake the examination(s) corresponding to the failed section(s).
- Q: Is there a syllabus for TOGAF 9 certification?
- A: The latest syllabus aligned to the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 and the 2018 Body of Knowledge is available as Document X1810 http://www.opengroup.org/library/x1810
- Q: If I have studied Version 9.1 of the TOGAF Standard, which exams are applicable?
- A: From November 1 2019, the TOGAF exams cover the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
- Q: If I have studied Version 9.1 of the TOGAF Standard, and passed the part 1 exam, can I take the part 2 exam?
- A: Yes you can take the current Part 2 exam, noting that it can now cover the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
- Q: If I achieved my certification before the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 was published, how can I update it for Version 9.2?
- A: If you achieved TOGAF 9 Certification against the syllabus for Version 9 or 9.1, then you can refresh your certification to 9.2 with the TOGAF Essentials 2018 certification credential - a 3-hour refresher. This leads to an Open Badge to indicate that your TOGAF certification is up-to-date, and you have knowledge and understanding of the changes introduced to the TOGAF Body of Knowledge in 2018, including the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 and the TOGAF Library.
ArchiMate Exam Q&As
- Q: How can I achieve certification?
- A. You first need to decide the level you would like to study for, and then after a period of study, attending a training course or by self-study, take the applicable examinations.
- Q: What are the available ArchiMate 3 certifications?
- A. Visit the ArchiMate certification information page page.
- Q: Why can't I book an ArchiMate 3 Combined examination?
- A. For the ArchiMate 3 program there is no Combined Part 1 and Part 2 exam. If you are paying for the exams, then booking the two exams together "back-to-back" in a single booking receives an automated discount to reduce the cost to the same as the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 exam. Further Information on the exams can be found here - http://certification.opengroup.org/examinations/archimate
- Q: If I have studied Version 3.0.1 of the ArchiMate Specification, which exams are applicable?
- A: From November 1 2019, the ArchiMate exams have been designed to accommodate both 3.0.1 and 3.1. This will continue through until May 2021. The Open Book with Part 2 changed to 3.1 in May 2020. The long transition period is to allow candidates studying 3.0.1 to take up to 12 months to use their exam voucher.
IT4IT Exam Q&As
- Q: Where can I take the IT4IT Part 1 exam?
- A. The examination is available worldwide through Pearson VUE (see here), or through The Open Group IT4IT Accredited Training Course Providers who offer exams with the class for people who attend an accredited training course.
- Q: Where can I find out about the IT4IT exam?
- A. Visit the exam information page.
- Q: If I was certified before the IT4IT Reference Architecture, Version 2.1 was published, do I need to recertify?
- A. No, if you achieved IT4IT certification to the earlier conformance requirements based on version 2.0 then you remain certified.
Open FAIR Exam Q&As
- Q: Where can I take the Open FAIR Part 1 exam?
- A. The examination is available worldwide through Pearson VUE (see here).
- Q: Where can I find out about Open FAIR certification?
- A. Visit the Open FAIR information page and the Open FAIR certification FAQ.
- Q. Why do I have to wait one (1) month before my retake?
A. This is defined in the The Open Group Certification Policy for Examination-Based Programs, which states:
"Candidates who fail an examination are not allowed to re-take any examination again within that Program for a period of one (1) month."
- Q. How much does the retake exam cost?
- A. The fees are payable in USD, with payment taken by credit card or a voucher code when booking an appointment at a test center. If you have a discount voucher code, this will reduce the fee by the discount amount, however additional local taxes may still apply. To determine the fees see the examination fees page.
- Q. If I fail a combined exam, can I take a Part 1 or a Part 2 exam earlier than the one month retake policy?
- A. No, for all exams in the same program, you must wait a period of one (1) month before a re-take.
- Q. If I fail an exam at one exam provider, can I re-take the exam at a different provider before the one month period?
- A. No. If you re-take with a different exam provider the policy still applies. If an exam is taken before the required one month period then the result will be voided.
Exam Intellectual Property
- Q. What is The Open Group Policy on its Exam Intellectual Property?
- A. All exam content, including the items, options, and correct responses, is the intellectual property of The Open Group. You are required to agree to a non-disclosure agreement before you can take one of The Open Group exams (see the NDA).
- Q. What is The Open Group policy on Exam Security?
- A. See The Open Group Examination Non-disclosure agreement and Exam Conduct and Security Policy page.
- Q. Can I share and discuss the exam with my colleagues or on social media?
- A. The NDA you accept when taking an exam specifically prohibits sharing information from the exam. If you are found to have discussed exam content with others, be it in person or on online forums, you will be disqualified from taking any exam required for any Open Group certification and decertified.
- Q. What is The Open Group policy on brain dumps?
- A. Brain dumps are unauthorized publications of exam questions with or without answers. Using brain dumps, including memorizing them to take an exam, is considered as fraud. Exams are meant to validate candidate’s knowledge and/or understanding of a topic. Memorizing answers does not allow such validation. Being caught using brain dumps, either live or through statistical analysis, is considered as cheating and will disqualify the candidate from getting certified.
- Q. What is The Open Group policy on cheating?
- A. If you are caught cheating while taking an exam, or afterwards based on statistical analysis of the exam data, your test result will not lead to certification. If it is subsequently discovered after certification then you will be disqualified from taking any exam required for any of The Open Group certifications and decertified.
- Q. How often does my TOGAF 9 / ArchiMate 2 / ArchiMate 3 / IT4IT / Open FAIR Certification need to be renewed?
- A. There is no renewal required once you have obtained TOGAF 9, ArchiMate 2, ArchiMate 3, IT4IT, or Open FAIR certification.
- Q. How can I renew my TOGAF 8 Certification?
- A. You can renew online at https://shop.opengroup.org/n950
- Q. I have renewed my TOGAF 8 Certification, am I listed on a register?
- A. Yes, assuming you chose to have a public listing. The register of certified TOGAF 8 candidates can be found here: http://www.opengroup.org/togaf/cert/register.html
For Pearson VUE customer service (including scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling an exam) visit: http://pearsonvue.com/theopengroup/
- Q. What exams are available to take with Pearson VUE ?
- A. Visit the Available Exams page to learn which exams are available with Pearson VUE.
- Q. How do I locate a Pearson VUE test center?
- A. You may search for Pearson VUE test centers near you by specifying an address, city, or postal code.
- Q. Can I take an exam remotely at home or in my office ?
- A. A selection of The Open Group Certification exams are available to take at home or at the office with OnVUE Online Proctoring from Pearson VUE.
- Q. What are the payment options for candidates taking an exam at Pearson VUE?
A. You may pay as follows:
- Credit card: AMEX, Master Card, VISA, or JCB
- Voucher code (see above faqs on Exam Vouchers)
Please note: Pearson VUE does not accept credit card payments in the following countries: Bangladesh, Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Tanzania, and Uganda. In such cases please contact The Open Group for an alternative payment method.
- Q. What is the Reschedule Policy at Pearson VUE?
- A. If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must cancel a minimum of 48 hours prior to your exam appointment. This can be done either online within your account at Pearson VUE or by contacting Pearson VUE. Rescheduling an exam less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or missing your exam may result in forfeiting your exam fees.
- Q. What is the Cancellation Policy at Pearson VUE?
- A. If you wish to cancel your exam, you must contact Pearson VUE a minimum of 48 hours prior to your exam appointment. This can be done either online within your account at Pearson VUE or by contacting Pearson VUE. Cancelling an exam less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or missing your exam may result in forfeiting your exam fees.
- Q. Who do I contact if I have a question about rescheduling or cancelling my exam?
- A. Contact Pearson VUE Customer Service.
- Q. How do I reschedule or cancel my exam using the online system?
- A. Login to your account at Pearson VUE via the Take Exam page to manage existing exam appointments.
- Q. How do I register to take an exam at a Pearson VUE test center?
- A. Visit the Take Exam page to learn how to register and login to schedule an exam.
- Q. What do I need to know about taking an exam at Pearson VUE?
A. Admission Policy
We ask that you arrive at the test center 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled exam time you will not be seated for your exam and payment in full is due for the exam fee.
Identification (ID) Requirements
You will need to bring two forms of identification to the test center. Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam appointment using this link. The test will not be delivered without the appropriate forms of identification. In addition to the current identification and admission policy, candidates who are taking a proctored exam will be photographed.
Pearson VUE Administrators have the right to refuse seating for the exam if they are unable to properly identify you.
If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson VUE a minimum of 48 hours prior to your exam appointment. Rescheduling an exam less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or missing your exam may result in forfeiting your exam fees.
If you wish to cancel your exam, you must contact Pearson VUE a minimum of 48 hours prior to your exam appointment. Cancelling an exam less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or missing your exam may result in forfeiting your exam fees.
- Q. When do I need to arrive for my exam at a Pearson VUE test center?
- A. You should arrive at the testing center at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will give you adequate time to complete the necessary sign-in procedures. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled exam time you will not be seated for your exam and payment in full is due for the exam fee.
- Q. What type of identification do I need to bring to a Pearson VUE test center?
- A. You will need to bring two forms of identification to the test center. Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam appointment. The test will not be delivered without the appropriate forms of identification. Pearson VUE Administrators have the right to refuse seating for the exam if they are unable to properly identify you.
- Q. How do I request a test accommodation?
- A. All candidates who are requesting test accommodations because of a disability must provide appropriate documentation of their condition and how it is expected to affect their ability to take the test under standard conditions. This may include additional supporting documentation from the professional who diagnosed the condition. A mail describing the need for test accommodations , and The Open Group candidate ID, should be sent to accommodations-at-opengroup.org. The Open Group will review and when approved forward the request to Pearson VUE who will then contact the candidate to schedule the appointment.
- Q. How do I register for an English as a Second Language (ESL) exam?
- A. Information on ESL exams is available on our examinations page.
- Q. Can I use a Translation Dictionary?
- A. Maybe, if you have been authorized for an ESL time extension or medical accommodation. See our examinations page for further information.
- Q. How do I access my Score reports and receipts for exams I have taken?
A. To access your score reports, you will need to log in to The Open Group portal at Pearson VUE using your login credentials for The Open Group web site. You should follow the instructions on The Open Group website to take an exam at: https://certification.opengroup.org/goto-pearsonvue
Once logged in at Pearson VUE, you will find a link to "View Score Reports" and "Receipts" on the right hand side of the page under "My Account".
- Q. Is there specific advice for taking exams with Pearson VUE?
- A. For all exams see the generic advice sheet: Advice for Candidates taking Exams with Pearson VUE
For more help, see The Open Group Help Center.