The TOGAF certification portfolio includes certifications and certification credentials built upon the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, and the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition. It includes a set of complementary learning paths centered around the TOGAF Standard, and the TOGAF Library. The paths include different amounts of learning, ranging from short certification credentials (3 hours study or more) to multi-day certifications.
The TOGAF certifications included in the portfolio are:
- TOGAF 9 Foundation [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF 9 Certified [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF Business Architecture Foundation [PDF Datasheet]
Learning paths introduced to support the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition include direct paths from TOGAF 9 Foundation and upwards, and recognition of TOGAF 9 certification with the bridge path.
Download the three slide portfolio summary (PDF).
Read why there is no TOGAF 10 Foundation or TOGAF 10 Certified (link...)
A TOGAF Body of Knowledge is a subset of the standard relevant to a group of learners and skillset. It is defined as learning units and documented in the Conformance Requirements documentation.
The Bodies of Knowledge for certification based on the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition are defined in the following documents
- X2202 TOGAF Certification Program Conformance Requirements (Multi-Level) - Including EA Level 1, Level 2 and BA Level 1
- X2203 TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Bridge Conformance Requirements
The Body of Knowledge for certification based on the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 is defined in the following document
- X1810 The Open Group Certification for People: TOGAF® Conformance Requirements (Multi-Level), Version 3.0
This addition to the TOGAF Certification portfolio, which is based on a body of knowledge drawn from the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, is aimed specifically at the Practitioner, the person who is tasked to develop, maintain, and use Enterprise Architecture. It focuses on the competencies for developing, maintaining, and using Enterprise Architecture following the TOGAF ADM. It is possible to become TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner certified via multiple paths:
- If you hold the TOGAF 9 Certified qualification you need to pass the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Bridge exam (OGEA-10B)
- If you hold the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation qualification you need to pass the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Part 2 exam (OGEA-102)
- Alternatively you need to take either take the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Part 1 exam (OGEA-101) followed by the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Part 2 exam (OGEA-102) or take the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Combined Part 1 and Part2 exam (OGEA-103)
Applied Practitioner Badge
Individuals who are TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner certified and who have satisfactorily completed the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Learning Studies with an Accredited Training Course Provider are eligible for the Applied Practitioner badge (note that the training course providers submit their candidates to The Open Group for badge issuance).
TOGAF Business Architecture Foundation, which is based on a body of knowledge drawn from the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, is aimed at individuals, such as those responsible for business planning, who wish to apply the TOGAF® Business Architecture approach, and who need to gain competencies in TOGAF Business Architecture techniques. It provides validation that an individual has the basic knowledge and understanding of the TOGAF Business Architecture concepts and techniques.Individuals will have the following competencies:
- Knowledge of how to develop and maintain a TOGAF Business Architecture
- Understanding of how to use TOGAF Business Architecture techniques to support organizational changes in a controlled way
- The ability to apply TOGAF Business Architecture techniques
Recognition is given to individuals who have the existing TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 certification credential via the TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 to Foundation Migration Path.
The TOGAF 9 certifications are aimed at individuals, who require a broad understanding of the knowledge and techniques in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2. It is available at two levels, Foundation and Certified.
The TOGAF 9 Foundation qualification provides validation that an individual has gained knowledge of the TOGAF terminology, structure, and basic concepts, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard. The TOGAF 9 Certified qualification provides validation that, in addition to the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9 Foundation, the individual is able to analyze and apply this knowledge.
TOGAF 9 certification is widely required in the job marketplace as evidenced by recent job surveys, and is expected to continue to be so. TOGAF 9 certifications are also recognized as prerequisites for other learning paths in the TOGAF Certification Portfolio
TOGAF Certification credentials are designed to support individuals who want to continue their professional development in small chunks. They are awarded upon completion of small amounts of learning (3 hours upwards). They lead to the award of an Open Badge and certificate.
The following learning paths are available:
- TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 [PDF Datasheet]
- Integrating Risk and Security [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF Framework: Agile Specialist [PDF Datasheet]
- TOGAF Framework: Digital Specialist [PDF Datasheet]
- EA Leader [PDF Datasheet]
- Get started with Individual Certification
- Virtual training courses and examinations.
- Verify that a Training Course is accredited by The Open Group:
- View the Accredited Training Course Calendar
- View the Accredited Training Course provider showcase
- Self Study Resources:
Contact us if you have any further enquiry.