The Security Forum produces general purpose intellectual property: reusable theory, principles, best practices, methods, white papers, guides, and standards to help suppliers and users of technology implement safe, secure, and cost-effective systems.
The Open FAIR Certification for People program is aimed at meeting the needs of risk analysts and organizations employing risk analysts. The program is based on the Open FAIR (Factor Analysis of Information Risk) Body of Knowledge, which provides a model and taxonomy for understanding, analyzing, and measuring information risk.
The Open FAIR Certification Program is based on the Open FAIR™ Body of Knowledge, which is comprised of two standards:
- • The Open Group Risk Taxonomy (O-RT) Standard that provides a standard definition and taxonomy for information security risk, as well as information regarding how to use the taxonomy.
- • The Open Group Risk Analysis (O-RA) Standard that provides risk analysts with the specific processes necessary to perform effective Open FAIR risk analysis.
Join the 1000+ Open FAIR Certified Individuals!
Get Involved and Gain Influence in Defining Open Standards and Certifications
Being a member of The Open Group gives organizations early access to the latest information and developments regarding open standards and best practices, and enables them to participate in The Open Group’s highly influential Forums and Work Groups. We provide a collaborative, vendor-neutral environment where member representatives can:
- Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
- Have early access to information on industry developments
- Gain insight for future decisions from both major customers and suppliers of IT
- Influence outcomes that benefit their organizations
- Grow professionally, and enhance their credibility in the industry
- Receive education in best practices