Notice: Effective March 7, 2022, our exam testing services provided by Pearson VUE are suspended throughout Russia and Belarus. Additionally, due to sanctions, no services are being provided in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions in Ukraine. This includes both in-person exams at test centres and online testing via OnVUE.
Knowledge based certifications are market-driven education and certification programs that ensure individuals have knowledge and understanding of The Open Group standards.
The Open Group Certification Credentials: These knowledge based "micro-certifications" are for small amounts of learning (3 hours upwards). They lead to the award of a certificate and an Open Badge.
Learn about the Open Professions Certification Program. Open Professions encompasses certification as an Architect (Open CA), Data Scientist (Open CDS), Technical Specialist (Open CTS), and Trusted Technology Practitioner (Open CTTP).
The Open Group Certified Architect (Open CA): Open CA is the premier, global certification for certifying skills and experience in the IT architecture community.
The Open Group Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS): Open CDS is the industry's most comprehensive certification available for Data Scientists and the organizations that employ them and is designed to verify that Data Scientist professionals have the qualities and capabilities required to produce effective analysis of data for the overall improvement of the business.
The Open Group Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS): Open CTS is designed to verify that professionals have the qualities and skills needed to enable the effective development, implementation and operation of IT solutions.
The Open Group Certified Trusted Technology Practitioner (Open CTTP): Open CTTP is designed to verify that professionals have the qualities and skills needed to enable the application of effective Trusted Technology security practices, such as those described in the O-TTPS: ISO/IEC 20243.
Quality certification programs with faster time to market
The Open Group has a proven track record of accelerating market adoption of standards through certification. Through user and industry participation, The Open Group produces standards that reflect practical market requirements, and establishes certification programs that provide a warranty of conformance for products, services, and business practices to industry standards or best practices.
Buyers benefit by such programs through:
- Reliable assurance of conformance to standards and best practices
- Minimized need for conformance testing
- Simplified bid analysis and reduced document complexity, cost, and risk associated with procurement
Suppliers of products, services, or business practices certified by The Open Group:
- Warrant and represent that their product, service, or business practice meets applicable conformance requirements, which gives buyers confidence
- Get access to, and earn the confidence of, major customers and business partners who specify that their procurements must be guaranteed to conform to rigorous specifications
- Benefit from the experience and infrastructure of The Open Group, which translates to quality and speed to market