Commercial Aviation Work Group
Wednesday, November 6
Objective of Meeting
The objectives of the day's meetings were to:
- Host a Characteristic Guided Thinking Workshop for members only (9:45 - 10:45 am and 2:30 - 3:30 pm), including topic and case study sharing and Q&A
- Review the Aer Lingus Solution Building Block Repository Proposal (11:00 am - 12:30 pm) to see if it is beneficial to the CAWG and possibly for The Open Group (vender-neutral), including whether it is technically possible, IT solution, etc.
Both sessions were attended by representatives from the Work Group member companies, and staff from The Open Group.
This session was facilitated by Sebastian Kern, CAWG Leader (Capgemini). The workshop was well presented and thought out and also well received.
Topics covered included existing standards bodies, asking industry questions/problems, and identifying gaps and possible solutions. (Minutes will follow from Sebastian, available to members only.)
Aer Lingus Proposal
The Aer Lingus presentation was given by Srinivas Rao Chinthapandu, Solution Architect, on behalf of Shane Mulligan, Solution Architect, Aer Lingus. The session was facilitated by Martin Andrews.
There was a round table of introductions from the attendees. After the presentation, there was a Q&A session.
This was a well received proposal, and the Work Group will ensure it remains vendor-neutral.
- From the workshop, to continue to collect the needs of the Airlines, the standard gaps in the industry, and obtain resource agreement on the agreed priority of work
- The Aer Lingus proposal was considered to be a good idea and will be an advantage for the CAWG to attract many members
The materials from the workshop will be uploaded to the CAWG site (completed).
Members will work on this within their companies and provide their results. The CAWG can assess the results and set priorities moving forward. The results can also be used to obtain additional interest in becoming a member organization; i.e., are their pain points the same?
Aer Lingus Proposal
The presentation will be uploaded to the CAWG site (completed).
Steve Philp took an action to look into the proposal further ASAP and report back to the Work Group within the next few weeks.
- Characteristic Guided Thinking Workshop (for members only)
- Aer Lingus Solution Building Block Repository Proposal (for members only)