With OnVUE delivery, candidates who would need to travel can now save money and time by taking their Certification Exams at home or at the office.
Ready to start your exam and looking for your Purchased Online Exams?
Click here to connect to your Pearson VUE account.
How To Get Started?
Most of The Open Group Certification exams are available to take at home or at the office with OnVUE Online Proctoring from Pearson VUE (see FAQs for specific excluded countries)
All communication with the proctor is done in English.
Availability is subject to Pearson VUE policies.
For information on ESL see here.
Please check your appointment time, noting that in the online booking system 12:00 AM is midnight
Known issue booking more than one exam for OnVUE delivery.
You can only book a single exam session for OnVUE delivery. If you attempt to register for two exams in a single OnVUE (online proctored) delivery, you may get returned to The Open Group site with an error return (ERROR) before the available dates page is displayed. This is a known issue with the Pearson VUE registration system, that has been reported to them. The workaround is to book each exam as a separate OnVUE delivery session. Please note that combined exams are a single exam and not impacted by this issue.
A few tips you should know before you sit for your OnVUE online proctored exam:
- Since OnVUE testing is available nearly 24 hours a day, when you schedule your exam, be sure to note whether you’ve chosen a.m. or p.m. (e.g., 12:00 a.m. midnight or 12:00 p.m. midday)
- Your computer needs a webcam, microphone, and sufficient internet speed to satisfy system requirements
- These exams are taken seriously, so please prepare your room as if it was a live test center
- The exam must be taken in a walled room, with a closed door and without distractions; this also means that if there are others in your home/office, they must not interrupt you during your exam
- Do not leave the room during your exam; your exam will be terminated
- To secure the integrity of these exams, no breaks will be allowed during the entirety of your exam
- You must remain in camera view in your designated testing space during the duration of your exam
- Once you have started your exam, any disruptive, threatening, or fraudulent behavior — or anything specifically against exam rules — may be grounds for terminating your test, invalidating your test results, or disqualifying you from taking the test at a future date
- Once you have started your exam, you may not communicate with others, including any third-parties or others within your home, such as children
- Proctors will monitor you for suspicious movement during the duration of your exam
- Do not read the questions aloud and do not cover your mouth or attempt to hide your face or move it out of view of the webcam
Online Proctoring maintains the same security features that Pearson VUE Test Centers are known for. You take your exam while being monitored through your web camera by a verified Pearson VUE Proctor.
What Exams are available for OnVUE Delivery?
Online Proctored Delivery is available for the following exams:
- OGA-031 ArchiMate 3 Part 1
- OGA-032 ArchiMate 3 Part 2
- OGAA-001 Open Agile Architecture Practitioner
- OGD-001 DPBOK Part 1
- OG0-061 IT4IT Part 1
- OG0-041 Open FAIR Part 1
- OG0-091 TOGAF 9 Part 1
- OG0-092 TOGAF 9 Part 2
- OG0-093 TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 (English)
- OG0-093-ESL TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 (ESL)
- OGB-001 TOGAF Business Architecture Part 1
- OG0-F91 TOGAF 9 Part 1 (French)
- OG0-S91TOGAF 9 Part 1 (Latin American Spanish)
- OG0-094 TOGAF 9 Part 1 (Brazilian Portuguese)
- OG0-F92 TOGAF 9 Part 2 (French)
- OG0-S92 TOGAF 9 Part 2 (Latin American Spanish)
- OG0-095 TOGAF 9 Part 2 (Brazilian Portuguese)
Q: What countries participate in OnVUE?
Q. How do I know if OnVUE test delivery is right for me?
Q. Can I still take my exam via OnVUE if my system does not pass the system test?
Q. How do I register for an OnVUE test?
Q. Are all tests available to be taken using OnVUE?
Q. After my exam has launched and I am assigned a proctor, how long do I have to complete the exam?
Q. Are the exams delivered via OnVUE more difficult than exams delivered at test centers?
Q. Are there any differences between taking an exam via OnVUE and taking an exam at a Pearson VUE test center?
Q: What is the advice for the best times to schedule an online proctored exam?
A: Be flexible and plan ahead to secure your desired exam slot. Pick a time where your home or office environment poses minimal possibilities of disruptions and distractions (family needs, Wi-Fi usage, etc.). Weekends tend to be a popular choice for testing and can also result in a longer waiting period before a Pearson VUE greeter can start the online check-in process.
Q. If I have technical issues before, during, or after exam administration, who do I contact?
Q. I have an appointment scheduled for an OnVUE exam. How do I start it?
To start your exam, sign in to Pearson VUE using your id. Select the exam from the list of Purchased Exams.
Q. My proctor hasn’t started my exam yet. Where is my proctor?
A. After successfully uploading your photos, you should be on a page that says, “You are almost done with the check-in process”. Please be patient: most candidates will have their exam launched by a proctor within 15 minutes of the exam appointment. If you are experiencing a longer delay, there may be a problem with your photos. The proctor will attempt to reach you over chat or your cell phone. The incoming phone number may be unfamiliar to you but please answer so they can help you. If Pearson VUE haven't contacted you in 30 minutes, the connection may have been lost. You'll need to reschedule your exam through Pearson VUE customer service.
Q. Can I use OnVUE with my work computer?
A. Yes. However, candidates typically have more success when testing on personal computers rather than on their work computers. This is because work computers are more likely to have firewalls, VPNs, and other security policies that may block video streaming of the candidate.