A selection of The Open Group Certification exams are available to take at home or at the office with OnVUE Online Proctoring from Pearson VUE.
With Online Proctoring, candidates who would need to travel, can now save money and time by taking their Certification Exams at home or at the office.
Online Proctoring maintains the same security features that Pearson VUE Test Centers are known for. Online Proctored Tests need to be taken in an empty room without posters, books, and personal devices like cell phones. The computer you use can only be running the exam software when taking the exam; all other applications must be closed. You take your exam while being monitored through your web camera by a verified Pearson VUE Proctor.
What Exams are available for Online Proctored Delivery?
Online Proctored Delivery is available for the following exams:
How To Get Started?
Known issue booking two consecutive exams with OnVUE.
When registering for two consecutive exams for an OnVUE (online proctored) exam, you may get returned to The Open Group site with an error return (ERROR) before the available dates page is displayed. This is a known issue with the Pearson VUE registration system, that has beenreported to them. The workaround is to book the exams separately.
Here are a few tips you should know before you sit for your OnVUE online proctored exam:
- Your computer needs a webcam, microphone, and sufficient internet speed to satisfy system requirements
- These exams are taken seriously, so please prepare your room as if it was a live test center
- The exam must be taken in a walled room, with a closed door and without distractions; this also means that if there are others in your home/office, they must not interrupt you during your exam
- Do not leave the room during your exam; your exam will be terminated
- To secure the integrity of these exams, no breaks will be allowed during the entirety of your exam
All communication with the proctor is done in English.
Online proctored exams are not available in the following countries: China, Japan, Slovenia, South Korea.
They are also not available in all OFAC sanctioned countries.
For information on ESL see here.