What is The Digital-First Enterprise?
Principles for Open Digital Standards
Enterprises are not static and Digital Transformation has accelerated this trend. Navigating changes in size and structure is a major challenge for not only management as they implement these changes in an evolving enterprise, but also for their employees that are facing restructuring and re-skilling as a result of re-orientation towards digital value delivery.
Therefore, the standards adopted to enable a Digital-First Enterprise need to:
- Have a digital-first business model
- Present consistent and self-supporting guidance to the market
- Be coherent, and be seen to be coherent
- Use an agile product management approach
- Provide an explicit emergence model
- Provide guidance on how to navigate scaling boundaries in both directions
- Adopt a lean approach
- Tune in to and respond to the needs and feedback of the practitioner
- Provide a continuum of digital certifications based on stakeholder roles
- Provide a path for existing practitioners
Download "Principles for Open Digital Standards" here
A Playbook for the Digital Entrepreneur
The Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ Standard
Open Agile Architecture™ – A Standard of The Open Group
The digital enterprise is shaped by people who work in the context of an enterprise’s organization and culture. People working within organizational entities formulate and implement strategy, design business and operating models, and develop and run products and services.
The Open Agile Architecture™ Standard takes an outcome-based, product-centered approach to enable enterprises to respond to customer needs in a nimble and agile manner.
The IT4IT™ Reference Architecture
The TOGAF® Standard
The TOGAF® Standard is a proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency, and enable Digital Transformation.
It is the most prominent and reliable Enterprise Architecture standard, ensuring consistent standards, methods, and communication among Enterprise Architecture professionals. Those professionals who are fluent in the TOGAF approach enjoy greater industry credibility, job effectiveness, and career opportunities. This approach helps practitioners avoid being locked into proprietary methods, utilize resources more efficiently and effectively, and realize a greater return on investment.
The Open Professions Program
The program requires applicants to demonstrate skills and experience against a set of conformance requirements, which are broken down into five separate milestones, through written applications and peer reviews. The milestone approach allows a candidate to better manage the time required to make each application, and also allows them to evidence value sooner.
As parts of The Open Group Open Professions Program, both Open Certified Architect and Open Certified Data Scientist;
- Provide a career framework with certification already used and recognized by world-leading organizations
- Provide an objective, reliable measure of your capabilities and qualifications
- Have no examination requirement as they are assessment-based, focusing entirely on experience
Certification is assessed at three levels — Certified, Master Certified, and Distinguished.
Open Certified Architect (Open CA) is an independent global certification program for qualifying the skills, knowledge, and experience of Digital, Business, Enterprise, and Solution Architects.
The Open Group Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS) program has been developed out of a requirement to verify that Data Scientist professionals have the qualities and capabilities required to produce effective analysis of data for the overall improvement of the business.