Demonstrate combined knowledge skills relevant to your job
Introducing four TOGAF Role-Based Badges for different aspects of TOGAF Enterprise Architecture at two levels, Team Member and Practitioner.
The roles are based on the TOGAF Standard, with options for visual modeling using the ArchiMate® language, and digital approaches using the Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ Standard.
Who are TOGAF Role-Based Badges for?
All IT professionals who want to demonstrate their Enterprise Architecture knowledge and skills .
The Value of the TOGAF Role-Based Badges
The TOGAF Role-Based Badges are part of the TOGAF Certification program, the Enterprise Architecture certification for the TOGAF Standard —the industry leading proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by the world's leading organizations to improve business efficiency.
Badge earners will have demonstrated their understanding of a set of skills and requirements defined for each Badge.
Download the datasheet here.
Find out more about The Open Group knowledge based Certifications
Prepare for Certification.
TOGAF Role-Based Badges are part of the Open Badges program. Please refer to the FAQs for further information.
- Q: When will TOGAF Role-Based Badges be available?
- A: The first badges were issued on September 15 2020.
- Q: How do I qualify for a TOGAF Role-Based Badge?
- A: A prerequisite for the current TOGAF Role-Based Badges is you need to hold the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 open badge, and then earn another qualifying badge — eligible second badges include ArchiMate 3 Foundation, ArchiMate 3 Practitioner, and DPBoK Foundation.
- Q: How will I get my badge?
- A: The Open Group issues badges several times a week. The badge will be issued shortly after you achieve the second certification required for the role.
- Q: Do I need to pay a fee to get my badge?
- A: No, the TOGAF Role-Based Badges are free and automatically issued to eligible certified individuals.
- Q: Do I need to apply to get a badge?
- A: No, the TOGAF Role-Based Badges are automatically issued to eligible certified individuals.
- Q: I have not opted in to The Open Group badges program, will I get a badge?
- A: You will need to opt-in first before we can issue you your badges. See here.
- Q: I earned my TOGAF 9 certification against version 9.1. How can I refresh my TOGAF 9 certification to the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 so I can qualify for a TOGAF Role-Based Badge?
- A: The Open Group has an Up-to-date Knowledge certification credential, known as TOGAF Essentials 2018, to permit individuals to uplift their TOGAF 9 certifications for version 9.2. See here.