Digital Practitioners Work Group
Objective of Meeting
The Digital Practitioners Work Group (DPWG) held member-only meeting on Wednesday, May 1. The focus of the meeting was to:
- Review status and make progress towards release of Version 1.0 of the Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ (DPBoK™) as a Standard at the Denver meeting in July 2019
- Discuss how The Open Group can position potential standards like the DPBoK, the Agile Architecture Framework, and the IT4IT™ Reference Model to become the open standards base for the digital enterprise
- Continue work on ecosystem development, certification programs, and profession opportunities
The group reviewed progress to date and the path “from Snapshot to Standard”, including a preliminary assessment and recommendation on what CRs would be addressed in the release.
We looked at data gathered from the MIT Sloane School Center for Information Systems Research (CISR) containing market evidence on the need for transformative standards, and how The Open Group might respond by coordinating current standards development efforts on Digital Practice and Agile Architecture.
In the afternoon, the group discussed development of training materials and a certification program, and reviewed marketing plans, particularly those for the announcement of Version 1.0 of the DPBoK Standard, and identified possible venues where we want to create awareness of the work.
Note: Members of the DPWG also met jointly with the Architecture Forum on Monday to coordinate activities on the Agile Architecture Framework.
The Work Group has posted a set of recommended CR resolutions, which will be finalized the week following the event.
- Completion of CR resolutions and vote on the Company Review
- Creation of core Certification Program documents for a Digital Practitioner Certification Program
Minutes and materials for the DPWG meeting are available to members of the Work Group (which is open to all members of The Open Group) here.